Saturday, July 23, 2011

Thoughts and exchanges and a top finished

If the bus doesn't come.....
catch a fast cloud.

I reached for a needle this morning while at my sewing table.....and touched this pin which made me think of this shoe bell and then of course the boy it belonged to......
The baby is my son Eric and these treasures were his. I keep the diaper pin attached to my sewing machine cover...always in sight. How does one end up with only one pin and shoe bell when there were two??!! I was able to keep track of him with the bell on his shoes. And the diaper pin....you know where that went. He was 3 months old in the picture.......yes, he is going to be the dad of Devin. I am so grateful for memories...... "What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes  a part of us."---Helen Keller
Elisa received my Summer Exchange piece....
It is BBD Summer Iris and stitched on suggested linen and threads. It travelled all the way to York UK rather quickly. I plan to make this one for myself soon.
I finished the Tulip Box Top....
Well almost.....
I think I will add a small motif next to my initial as it took up less space than the A that Alma stitched on the original. Maybe the date?
Well guess that is it for now.....off to work today. I am so pleased you had the time to visit with me. Thank you for all your comments and emails. Any opinion on what to add next to my G? Have a good day.

7 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely stitching, you're right you do need a little something in the space.

I have to ask - where do you get your "thought for the day" from, are they your own composition or do you have Big Book to choose from?!!

natalyK said...

I think you could add your last initial if it fits or add more of the little diamond motifs already in the design. I love the pincushion you made and thanks for sharing the trinkets that remind you of your son. As you know in the midst of raising 4 boys there are alot of little momentos that surround me and I keep everything. It's hard to part with certain things.

Mouse said...

awww I've keep some little things too as memento's of my dd's being young.. and love your finish mmmmm what to put in the space may be a wee dragonfly charm :) love mouse xxxx

Kaisievic said...

What about a little heart next to your initial? I love hearts. Beautiful stitching and I love your mementoes of your son.
love Kaye xoxo

Kaisievic said...

P.S. How are your poor bruised elbows? Better, I hope?

Kaye xoxo

Nancy said...

Such pretty stitching! I would stitch both initials. Love the Helen Keller quote which is so true, I have some little momentos also from my kids baby days!

Carol said...

Such sweet memories of your "baby"! I have a box of that sort of thing, too, that bring back such special memories whenever I open it.

Your stitching it so pretty, Grace--I would probably stitch a feew more colored diamonds or a small flower in that space...lovely colors!