Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Thunder---wind---rain and a new start

If you lose a memory....
embroider a new one.

Another storm last night. Some thunder but oh what a downpour! The wind was quite strong but we did not get the dust storm from the East Valley. There is always some dust making it a mud rain, but not bad this time. Mr H took down the 3 umbrellas in the yard. Oh we do not usually sit under theses umbrellas----they are to shade the garden plants! At least we do not sit out there in these hot summer months. We remembered to take down the hanging plants as well. All is calm now in the yard.

I started to stitch the BBD Tulip set.....
This will be the top of the box. Still haven't decided what color to paint/stain the box. No problem...plenty of time. I think I will wait until I complete the top. before deciding. I also need to pick up the Bee's wax from Ace. The book names Briwax but it is not available around here and the main ingredient is bee's wax, so that is what I will use.
It is always so nice to have you visit with me. I do enjoy your comments and emails........thank you my friend.
Hope your day is wonderful.

5 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

Your projects are always so dainty and beautiful!

Teresa S. said...

I just started this one too, Gracie. And I don't have a Hobby Lobby to get the box so I bought an already painted box from Myra.

Blu Stitcher said...

I am so happy to hear you didn't get that dust storm. My Niece Tristan got stuck in both of them. I am going to post the pictures she sent me. I am just amazed to see the dust rolling in.

Linda

Mouse said...

love your start and I use beeswax too on my boxes smells lovely :) love mouse xxxx

Lois said...

What a nice new start!