Thursday, July 21, 2011

What a week it has been.....

If the clock stops....
use your own hands to tell time.

Now you all know that I do not cook...Mr H does that. But--there are certain things that I do ...one is steaming rice. Well, I burnt my arm reaching over the steamer...ouch! and now we have  a 2 inch burn. Well last night I was cutting open my baked potato and a piece of potato wedged under my finger nail and now we have a blister. I am an accident waiting to happen at every turn lately. Did I mention that I woke at 2 am with an allergic reaction to the suntan block that Mr H bought! My face and neck and arms are blotchy and I feel awful. Just another issue to deal with these past 2 weeks......
But let me show you what I have stitched so far....better topic-----
So now this side is finished. Excuse the wavy stitching...I need to re-align it in the stretcher bars.
Two more flower motifs and a bird! This should be finished soon and then on to the other parts of the box design.
I am off to work today...not a pleasant thought with how I am feeling........
Glad you stopped to hear my tale of woe.....have a good day.

8 comments:

SoCal Debbie said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your calamities! Thank goodness they didn't prevent you from stitching!

Cardygirl said...

Oh dear! And then to have to go back to work...hmmm. Lovely stitching though.

Nancy said...

Lovely stitching! Sorry about your accidents and allergy attack...things usually happen in 3's so you should be good for awhile!

Angela P said...

Really lovely stitching :) I'm sorry to hear about all your accidents, stay safe!

Mouse said...

blimey you want wrapping up in cotton wool .. hopefully having three bits go wrong will be the last for a while... love the stitching as always :0 take care love mouse xxxx

Lois said...

Lovely progress on this one! They say things come in threes so hopefully nothing more untoward is going to be happening to you!

Carol said...

Oh dear--it sounds like you need to stay out of the kitchen for a while, Grace!! Restaurant meals sound good to me :)Hope your burn, blister, and rash heal quickly.

Lovely work on your latest WIP!!

Melanie said...

Ouchers!!!! :(
I can commiserate - I have a 1/2 round scar on my, uh, boob from a rice 'steam' incident. (TRUE STORY.) That rice doesn't mess around, man.