Sunday, March 27, 2011

More than a RAK.....a generous gift.

What a Saturday...work was busy...left early cause I was coughing and feeling very tired...but........when I arrived home, Mr H said there is a surprise for you on the table! What ? for moi? And there it was....a large envelope....from Australia !
Yes, that's right! My very own A Gardner's Journal peeking out from those daisies.I visit with Chookyblue and Fiona and just loved their quilts from this book. I tried and tried all the local shops here in Arizona....no one carried it or could get it. So I went in search on line and found where to purchase it. But before doing so, I contacted Fiona and her response was "I'll send it to you" yup, that's right just like that! So, it finally arrived with a lovely note from a generous lady. Now, understand that I can quilt but I am not a quilter...at least not like Chooky and Fiona, but I do have plans and will add them in to my current projects. I know,.... when where and how.....be assured I will. If you get the chance, visit with Fiona and check out her work and her friends and Chooky's place too. I have found the most delightful friendships here in blog world. People ready to share ideas, help with instructions and more.
I did not get to stitch last night as I had an asthma attack that I thought would result in an ER trip, but thankfully not...but it meant no stitching which means no update. I will get stitching done today.....
 Mr H and I are hoping to take a ride to the North Mountain Preserve...the Spring blossoms may be ready and some of the cactus are already flowering.....so maybe some pictures to share.
There is a giveaway...and it is from my home state! Check it out over at the left side..label Giveaways....
As always, I am so happy to have your visits, kind words and friendships....have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

oh good news your going to start the quilt.........will be looking forward to your progress........

Teresa said...

Thank you for posting my give away. I too am not into samplers but love biscornu, fobs and pillows. I raised a daughter who loves aprons and hankies.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I am glad you are doing better. Take care of yourself.

Tricia said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you! I know that you've been looking for that book for a long time!! So glad that you're feeling better!