Sunday, March 27, 2011

More than a RAK.....a generous gift.

What a Saturday...work was busy...left early cause I was coughing and feeling very tired...but........when I arrived home, Mr H said there is a surprise for you on the table! What ? for moi? And there it was....a large envelope....from Australia !
Yes, that's right! My very own A Gardner's Journal peeking out from those daisies.I visit with Chookyblue and Fiona and just loved their quilts from this book. I tried and tried all the local shops here in Arizona....no one carried it or could get it. So I went in search on line and found where to purchase it. But before doing so, I contacted Fiona and her response was "I'll send it to you" yup, that's right just like that! So, it finally arrived with a lovely note from a generous lady. Now, understand that I can quilt but I am not a quilter...at least not like Chooky and Fiona, but I do have plans and will add them in to my current projects. I know,.... when where and how.....be assured I will. If you get the chance, visit with Fiona and check out her work and her friends and Chooky's place too. I have found the most delightful friendships here in blog world. People ready to share ideas, help with instructions and more.
I did not get to stitch last night as I had an asthma attack that I thought would result in an ER trip, but thankfully not...but it meant no stitching which means no update. I will get stitching done today.....
 Mr H and I are hoping to take a ride to the North Mountain Preserve...the Spring blossoms may be ready and some of the cactus are already flowering.....so maybe some pictures to share.
There is a giveaway...and it is from my home state! Check it out over at the left side..label Giveaways....
As always, I am so happy to have your visits, kind words and friendships....have a wonderful day.

5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

oh good news your going to start the quilt.........will be looking forward to your progress........

Emily said...

Its always so nice to have such great friends!!!

I'm glad your asthma attack didn't end up with a trip to the ER .. those are never fun!!

Hugs to you!!

Teresa said...

Thank you for posting my give away. I too am not into samplers but love biscornu, fobs and pillows. I raised a daughter who loves aprons and hankies.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

I am glad you are doing better. Take care of yourself.

Tricia said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you! I know that you've been looking for that book for a long time!! So glad that you're feeling better!