Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dark and quiet

Each day, I rise early..ok..very early, before 3am usually. The house is quiet as Dennis and Zoe would never think to get up this early...before 10 am! and with winter officially here the sun will not make an appearance until 7:30am so it is very dark outside my window. This is the time I sit with needle in hand and put thread to fabric. I start my day with coffee but will change to tea and continue to stitch until the others rise and disrupt this peaceful quiet. Like yesterday...and with that we need to visit my challenge blog to see progress and today's start......meet you there.

Hope your day is filled with stitches.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Have a great day!!!!

natalyK said...

Sounds rather peaceful. I don't usually get up that early and having 4 children I am never alone in the mornings. There is usually a hustle and bustle surrounding my morning. Enjoy your morning filled with stitching. I stopped by you challenge blog and yesterdays post shows great progress. Can't wait for todays.

Daffycat said...

I rise at 4, myself...to leave for work by 5:30. That makes for early nights too! Not too bad except for Summer when I'm going to bed before it's dark outside!

Crystal said...

I'm with you on stitching when its peaceful enjoy your quiet times.

Melanie said...

I go to bed around 3am and it certainly is quiet. Very nice. I like reading at that time of night and will admit to not falling asleep until 6am once and again. Heheheh.

Faye said...

I love the peaceful quiet of the morning. I rise at 5:15 each morning so I can have an hour before the rest of my house gets up as we ready for work....Cherish those quiet dark moments....I get alot done with that cup of coffee, needle and thread....

Take care, Faye

Donna said...

I wake up around 3am but I pull the covers over my head and try to fall back asleep. Good for you to get up. I should try it but my family would think that I was sick. enjoy your peace.