Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2 and a Happy Birthday wish

Well, day 2 of the Crazies has arrived...post on my other blog....but I also want to thank Maaike for the Christmas card and Lucky bird from Amsterdam.

I am lucky to receive one of her sweet birds. It will hang on my window branch in my sewing room where it will watch over my Challenge progress and any other craft work.
We are having a cold spell here in sunny, warm, Arizona. The plants have been covered with hopes to protect them. I am off work for the next several days so I should get plenty of stitching accomplished.
Today is my son Eric's birthday. He is in NW PA so I can not give him a hug or kiss in person, but he is always in my heart where I hold him tightly. I could not ask for a better son. He has always shown us respect and love not only in words, but also in deeds. I wish him many more special days.
This picture with his dad was taken during his last visit here. Aren't they handsome? I am so lucky to have them in my life.

5 comments:

KarenV said...

What a sweet bird! Happy birthday to Eric too :)

Denise said...

Your bird is adorable. It'll look gret in a window!

Sorry to hear your son lives far away. Wish him a happy birthday from all of us too.

Denise

Cindy's Stitching said...

what a pretty bird. Happy birthday to Eric. Have a Happy New Year.

valerie said...

What a cute bird! Happy birthday to Eric. I hope it's a great one...

Lois said...

What a lovely bird! Happy birthday to Eric and enjoy your couple of days off!