Sunday, July 9, 2017

Words of Affirmation is complete

Well, at this point it is. This project as I mentioned before was started a few months before Dennis passed. He was very much a part of color, embellishment and ideas and also where to hang it. I thought I would show you the full banner and then for the week or so pick an area and tell you about it.
It is about 13 wide and 36 long. Denny thought it would be good to hang it on the closet door...a place where we would encounter it many times. His plan was to mount it differently than I did but for now this is how it is hanging.  This truly was a labor of love for me to work on. Each word has a special meaning for me and also because Denny really liked the project and gave input. By the way, it looks crooked but it is not...I guess I stand off kilter. I say it is complete and it may be so. However, I may find a charm or two to add. There is one thing I did not make yet...a yo-yo. Dennis mentioned it would be nice to "put one of those cloth circles" on it. I had a busy day yesterday. Dianna and Bob came by so Bob could fix the running toilet....Thank you Bobby! Then he also hung my new hummer feeder in the kitchen window out of the sun and helped with my front walkway. Dianna and I have been friends for a long time (worked together at Jo Ann's) and even worked on projects together. Now I can add her Bobby to my list of caring friends. I have been overwhelmed with the caring messages and kindness of all. Don stopped by to check the watering system to help me make some changes. It will make my care of the yard easier.
I love my Dragonflies and I received 2 beautiful pins.
This one is from a long time Rhode Island friend, Janet.  I will always think of her when I wear it.
Dear friend Glenda saw this and thought of me....
So pretty. Cards, messages, flowers/plants and emails have brightened my days. Dennis did not want any commotion. "Just cremate me and put me in a box on the book shelf with Sherlock and Zoe (our pooches). No service , maybe you could have a party with balloons (he loved balloons at parties). Having him home with me has really brought it to reality. I am never really alone~~~~~~

A package arrived from cousin Janice (in RI)...
Is this not the cutest thing! He/she is solar powered and has an on/off switch at the tip of the nose. Part pipe, part metal and a glass bottle for a butt....just too ~~ too cute! Now I need a name for he/she.....it could really be either. I must tell you that at 3:30 this morning the winds were crazy. One of the closed umbrellas fell over, the bushes and trees were whipping around as well as a few other yard things. Now it is quiet....not a leaf is moving and it is cloudy...after all, this is Monsoon season so maybe we will get rain??? or not. I have been working on Denny's Angels and hope to start at least one Denny Teddy Bear soon. I always liked keeping busy and more so now. Did I mention that I have one more cupboard in the garage to clean? It is the cupboard with the cooking stuff...pans and things. Did I mention I found the last (I hope) electric drill which brings my collection to I think 4. I know there are way too many frying pans out there. Yes, he enjoyed gardening, electronics and buying pots and pans for his cooking. I think a Fall garage sale is in the works! For now, I will straighten the house, make my bed and get a bread dough ready for baking tomorrow. Right now I need my coffee and my tatting. You are all so special tome...thank you for the kind and caring words and emails. Most of all thank you for the love and friendship. Let's have a good day.💖

18 comments:

Janice said...

Good morning Gracie. I love the word banner...the details and accents really dress it up well.That will look good anywhere in your home.
Love all the notes and gifts your friends are sending. Reinforces the love we all have for you and the fact that you're on our minds and in our prayers. Be well my sweet cousin 😚

diamondc said...

Gracie: The banner is lovely, what pretty words to put on fabric.
love the bug lite so sweet, it was very kind and sweet of your cousin to send it.
I am sure Denny is watching over you every second of the day, be strong my dear friend, we are here for you at anytime.

Blessings
Catherine

Mary said...

Lovely banner, i know it means a lot to you. The solar dragonfly is s hoot and a half! Take care

peggysue98 said...

The banner is beatiful. you are doing an amazing job. My uncle Pasted last summer and my Aunt has him at home too. she talkies to him everyday. She finds comfort in having him there.
Love you Gracie
Peggy T JPEG

Shelly said...

The banner is wonderful! I do believe the monsoon has arrived. Yesterday, we got quite the thunderstorm with some heavy rain and wind. So glad to hear of friends helping you out; they are a blessing. The solar bug is just too cute! Take care, Gracie.

Vicki said...

Wow, the word banner is lovely. What a special project. I like where you decided to hang it so you can view it multiple times per day. It is beautiful!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Oh Grace, I think your banner is truly wonderful - what a special piece of needlework for so many reasons.
It's something you can cherish for years to come.

Simple Pleasure said...

The banner finish is spectacular!!!!!
Patricia

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your banner looks wonderful! I am sure this is exactly how the designer envisioned it. I love all the little additions and embellishments. Beautiful work.
The dragonflies are lovely too, people are so thoughtful to send them to you.

Vickie said...

Wow. Your banner is just lovely Gracie. Well done. Very well done. I am so happy to know that dumb toilet issue is resolved!!

Mouse said...

ohhh that banner is lovely :) gorgeous wee dragonflies too .. can you email me your snail mail address please :) love mouse xxxxx

Carolyn said...

Oh Grace, you are truly an inspiration--my husband died 14 months ago and he also wanted no fuss, He was cremated, with the plan being that when I die I will also be cremated and our ashes put together and put in the ocean, His ashes are being held at the funeral home, but I think I want to bring him home and your comments confirm this for me! Stay strong and keep the creativity going, I feel being creative helps center me! Your banner is great!
Carolyn_jim@comcast.net

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Gracie, your word banner looks gorgeous. You were doing a great job on it. Love all the little bits and pieces you added.

butterfly said...

Lovely banner gracie .
I am happy your friends are there for you , to help .
It's those little things that drive you mad if you can't mend them .
Take care , sending lots of hugs .

Donna said...

Hi Gracie, The banner is wonderful..I am glad the words have meaning for you and I cant wait for you to share your message about them. You are the first
to share what you have done with the words :) I love it! So glad you have good friends to be by your side, keeping you in my prayers. I have a new word up on the blog.."Grace", it's not Gracie but certainly a word that is for you and also Lovingkindness, which I am certain you are all about!!
Stay strong
hugs
donna

Wanda said...

Your word banner is beautiful and so very special. My heart and prayers continue to go out to you. Love your dragonfly pins and your little solar powered one - too cute.

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

Gracie,Did you receive the mass card I sent you a few weeks ago?

Leonore Winterer said...

Your word banner looks wonderful, and I am looking forward to you explaning the meaning of some of the elements! Lovely new dragonflies for your collection as well.