Thursday, July 13, 2017

A little bit of rain

Around 6:30 last evening a downpour...first rain of the monsoon season around here. It lasted about a half hour. This morning is clear hot and humid with winds expected. So, the umbrellas will probably remain down for awhile.  Glad I went to the market yesterday so I can stay put today. I woke around 3 am-ish with a light headache....I am already feeling better but I would rather just try to relax today.  By relaxing I mean a little tatting and needlework of some kind. Keeping my hands busy. Yesterday was re-arrange the houseplants and re-pot 3 African violets. I then forgot them outside in the heat... never said I was good at re-potting...that's right Denny did those things. One of the plants that has a new spot is my spider
 I have brown tips on the spider plant so I trimmed it and thought a change of scenery might help. The stand is just under the master bedroom window and on the bottom is The Frog...
.
I fell in love with this frog a few years ago and Dennis bought it thinking it would go outside...no, indeed not. He has lived on this stand in the kitchen with a different plant. Now when I sit in the chair of business, he stares at me but at the same time he makes me smile. Smiles are good. His name is Prince...as in kiss a frog to find a prince. Denny told me not to bother as he was already my prince. Sometimes gems flowed from his mouth.
Today's word is Blessed
In the dictionary it says that blessed is bringing comfort or joy. Denny brought both to our marriage. We laughed together so many times and we cried together. He was my comfort and joy. It simply has a green button to match the thread......simple.
I really should fiddle with the pond this morning, but it really is very humid and if I have issues then I just might do away with those swimmers! Anyone have pond or very huge gold fish bowl...there can be yours! I must get on with my chores, vacuuming and laundry. Then on to tatting or whatever needs a needle. It has been great having you stop by...a new blogger stopped by and her name is Sally Ann over at My Tiny Home...stop by and say hello. Thank you for all the kind caring words you send to me and most of all thank you for your friendship. Let's have a good day.
 

12 comments:

Vicki said...

We had rain over here too, Gracie. As soon as it started we dropped everything and ran out to sit on the back patio to enjoy it. I know people in other parts of the country think we're odd, but the first rain of the monsoon is just so refreshing to my spirit! I love your Blessed block, again, thanks for sharing this precious project with us in detail. Thanks also for the introduction to Sally Ann. I went right over to blog and look forward to reading her posts.

Karyn said...

Your spider plant looks amazing, I have never been able to keep one alive, and your frog is so smile worthy! Your Denny was a prince among men :)
I'm heade to Sally Ann's blog to introduce myself.
Have a good day ♥️

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I do love frogs, they have so much character. It's always good to find a new blog with so many bloggers disappearing these days.

Tiffstitch said...

Love your spider plant! The house I grew up in had a great bay window for plants and my Mom's spiders put out babies all the time. I wish I could have one where we live now.

Beautiful work on Blessed and love that Prince. Keep on keeping on. <3

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You were indeed blessed to have a love like Mr H, and he was blessed to have you too.
I'll be checking out Sally Ann's blog too.

Vickie said...

Yes, I met Sally Ann. :D
Blessed indeed you both were and are!♥
Maybe put an add up at the grocery store for the fish? Or call the local pond supply store?

Janice said...

After my daddyo passed away i fed the squirrels cuz he always did..and they drive me crazy! Dennis is probably having a good laugh that those fishies are giving you a hard time.
Blessed is God showing you His favor and I'm so happy you have plenty to smile about....
Looking at that frog price would make me smile too 😃
Enjoy tatting Gracie....we love seeing your work. Thanks for sharing.

sally ann said...

Hello Gracie
I love your word today. It's good to remember that we are all blessed in many ways. I love your frog and your spider plant looks great. I've never had much look with African Violets though one of my aunts could keep them alive for ages.
Thank you for mentioning my blog. I have made new friends.
I hope you managed to relax with your beautiful tatting and stitching.

Mary said...

We are so sorry to see that you recently lost the love of your life. Our deepest condolences. Mary & RJ @stitchingfreindsforever

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

Sounds like you and Denny had a very special relationship!! He will always be with you.

Leonore Winterer said...

I love that frog, he's so cute! Maybe he's hoping that he has a shot at being your prince now, but we all know that Denny will always stay in your heart...

Brigitte said...

The frog and spider plant on the stand look great together.
Blessed is another great word on your word banner.
I visited Sally Ann's blog as I love to discover new blogs as well. But now it doesn't exist any longer, it seems.