Monday, July 10, 2017

A new week

Yesterday I actually stopped for gas...I know so what. It is a big deal for me as this was my second time. There were three guys at the next pump; they had a truck towing a boat and a car. One of the guys noticed my hesitation and he stood with me to make sure I was doing okay. He said, "we live in a crazy world but there are good people too" He was indeed a good and caring person. I am lucky to always be around good people who care. The first time and the last, was June 17th...so, at this rate I only have to deal with gas once a month. Today is clean the pond day...I wish there was someone I could find for this task.  I hope to get out there real soon before it gets any warmer. Right now it is partly sunny but no rain expected....just heat and humidity.
Today I will start with the Words explanations...
I stitched all the words in the order of release but laid them out my own way. The first was Love...just right for us. I embroidered the date of our wedding on the patch, and added two pink hearts. Pink was the color for my wedding. I truly fell in love at first sight and he with me. We were fortunate to have a caring loving marriage for 47 years. I put our wedding picture in a tatted heart. and hand wrote our names . That is a Token of Love charm next to the heart. Dennis thought I should add the crocheted flowers with seed beads someplace on the banner....right at the top.
In the crocheted circle I attached our original wedding rings...again with a pink ribbon. I am on my 4th ring...and last.
Denny really hated to take his off but due to the edema had no choice. He asked me to take it home and put it back into the box and in my jewelry box where it has been. He told me how happy he had been being married to me and that the ring reminded him everyday. When I started this banner Denny helped picked out some of the embellishments and thread colors. This truly was a project of love for me.  Donna has since the start of this project released other words and just this weekend 2 more. Tomorrow another word and embellishments. Today a little more Denny's Angel tatting and maybe poor neglected Alice will sit with me. Right now, I think it is time to get outside and clean the pond. Thank you for visiting with me and for following my new journey. Thank you for the caring and kind words and most of all your friendship. Let's have a good day.....

11 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

I am so glad Dennis helped you with his banner. He will always be with you. big hugs love Lynda Ruth

Vicki said...

Thank you for taking the time to go through your banner word by word. You've put so much thought and love into the creating of this piece. And how special that Denny was able to "design" it with you. This is truly a piece you'll cherish in the years to come.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love LOVE! Thank you for starting to share the meaning of each affirmation and how Mr. H helped with the planning for this project.

Vickie said...

Oh Gracie. I am just speechless. I keep going over the pictures.This is is so special and precious. I shared this with our daughter Madeleine.♥

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

Such a special rememberence for you to have. Sounds like you had a wonderful marriage. Wish I could have known him. 😍

Marilyn said...

Your banner will be so pretty and meaningful.
It's a great idea.
Take care.
Marilyn

Chookyblue...... said...

Lol the even bigger deal is I cannot possible imagine only getting gas about once a month... .. I have to fuel up weekly if not twice a week.......
And even thought I do this all the time I still hate doing it..... Bring back the days of someone to pump your fuel.......

Ann at Beadlework. said...

You're not alone Grace, I loathe going for petrol and only do it if I really have no other option - I'm not sure why I dislike it so much. It's good to hear about each individual word.

Karyn said...

Oh Gracie, I had no idea of what you have been going through, my dear friend. I am so deeply sorry to read about the loss of sweet Mr. H. You are in my thoughts and my prayers.
I love your Banner, and love the sentiment that is going into it, as you two had such a perfect marriage, one that we should all strive for. Your love for him shines through, as his for you always has, as well.
Have a good day, and drink your water.
Hugs

Leonore Winterer said...

You put this together so nicely :) It's a lovely memory of your time together.

Brigitte said...

So nice to se that you start to explain the meaning of all the words on the banner for you. And the word Love has found its place on the top of the banner where it belongs. It bears such wonderful memories of Denny.