Tuesday, July 11, 2017

A cloudy morning

Whenever I have something to do in the yard (which seems like everyday) I try to get out there around 5:30. It is already light but the sun is not bright or heating up my yard. So, today I though, good a cloudy morning. Out to trim a couple of plants and then to repot 3 African Violet plants ...another first for me. Most likely they will be d-e-a-d by the end of the week. Then to sweep up the overnight debris and before I knew it, it was 6:15 and time to water the indoor plants. I have not visited with the Aquarium tenants yet! Yesterday was a very busy morning: First I had to call the landscaper because the sprinkler valve was really leaking...so he came took it apart ant fixed it. Then as he was done Don came to put the new sprinkler heads and drip lines in.... I had already did my morning yard job and struggled with the pond and pump. Before it was all done and I was back I the house it had been 3 hours in the heat. Of course then the headache started and before you ask, yes I drank ice water the entire outside time. When the temps are 100+ you know it is a must. I immediately let Denny know that this is a bit tiresome in the heat. I am seriously thinking of finding a home for the fish then the pond will be much easier for me to handle. I tatted another Denny's Angel top so today the goal is to Hair-pin lace the dresses. This will make 9 that will be completed.

Today is Precious.....my 47 years with Dennis is so very precious to me. I miss holding his hand and he mine. The beads on this are Turquoise and some others. He loved Turquoise and bought me several pieces of jewelry,  just recently in April a pair of earrings. I added the star button just because.
Sunflowers were one of his favorites.....so I took apart an artificial flower that he found and found the glass bumble bee and voila...a sunflower appeared.  The bee which is hard to see is dimensional... and oh so cute. All of a sudden I am hungry...already had my coffee and an English muffin. So off I go to find something else. Thank you for stopping by and for the kind words and most of all for your friendship. Let's have a good day.....

11 comments:

Vicki said...

I love the details you've added to this piece. So special!

Joanie said...

Gracie, everything you've done is beautiful.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Lovely to see another word Grace and the choices behind it. You are doing such a good job keeping busy. I think rehoming the fish would perhaps eliminate an ongoing issue for you.

CalamityJr said...

Your choice of embellishments have been so perfect for your memories. This is definitely the most awesome finish you'll ever make. Hope it brings a smile even if through tears every time you see it. Thanks for sharing with us; you make me feel like I'm right there with you - now if you could only feel the hugs!

Vickie said...

I like Precious very much Gracie.
Rehoming the fish sounds like a good idea.
Take care.

shirley flavell said...

Gracie I have been away for a couple of days and caught up with all your posts. You are doing so well with your caring of the outdoor pond, patio etc then the beautiful word banner is superb then the lovely photos of what you did with your rings, the wedding photo. I'm overwhelmed with what you are and have achieved. Wish I could give you a real hug. Take care Shirley N.Z.

butterfly said...


You do sound busy gracie but thats a good thing.
Love your Precious banner .
My fish are all gone now the herion seen to that.
Sending more hugs your way.

Leonore Winterer said...

Another wonderful word and sentiment on your banner. Your yard sounds like quite a piece of work...maybe you really will need to downsize a little so it will be easier to care for.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The garden is definitely keeping you busy.
Precious is truly precious with Mr H's favourite stones and the beeflower too.

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

Beautiful angels Gracie!! You are doing a wonderful job with everything especially Keeping busy. Love reading your blog.

Brigitte said...

The embellishments and also the colours for Precious are all so thoughtfully chosen. I love it.