Saturday, July 15, 2017

A busy morning

Feels strange post at this time...later in the morning. The reason is that I was out by 6 to vacuum the pond, flush the pump, add back in the 12 gallons of water  and add the algae chemical. Of course even though I did not take a pond shower, I did spill some of the lovely green water on myself. The dust storm yesterday afternoon brought all kinds of stuff into the yard and across the garage so that was swept up before coming in for a normal shower.  Then it was make hummer food and  clean 2 of the feeders and fill them. While on this roll I cleaned the aquarium and now I am finished.....also tired. Yesterday we had strong winds and a  dust storm....
this was the dust storm looking out of my garage toward the East. Nasty stuff. I just poked out for a second. Not something you want to be in walking or driving. The winds were actually howling at times. Not sure of the size  of this one, but they can be huge and very dangerous to be caught in.
Today my word is Patient.
This was the next word to stitch and  the first word I did when Denny was admitted to the hospital.....he thought it was so fitting as did I. A simple word. He was the patient and I was being patient even though I knew it was going to take more than I had at the moment. Everyday at the hospital he would ask what I was stitching and when finished asked to see it. They were long days and I was able to usually finish a word. The crystal beads are beads he found among my many beads. They make me think quiet and gentle. We have many wind chimes that he hung both in back and in front of the house as well as indoors too. I dangled these in that fashion...they hang quietly here.
Thank you for the lovely comments regarding the Words banner. I am happy that you have been enjoying the story and planning that went into it.  Thank you also for the kind words and emails and cards. Thank you most of all for your caring friendship. Let's have a good day.

10 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

I Gracie, I glad you did patient, it is so fitting. I had to be patient this week too. I went for a stress and dye test on my heart and had to patiently wait until last night at 7 p.m. to get the surgery to put in a pace maker/ my heart was not beating fast enough. only 48 beats a minute and I was having an awful time trying to breath, now it beats like it should and I can breath like I haven't in years. I can take a full breath and fill my lungs fully. Dave is so happy now that I am better, he missed me the last three days and nights. Now he is happy and out getting some groceries for us. I know what my patient will mean when I do my sample of words. Big, big loving hugs Gracie you are always in my heart. Bye

Karyn said...

My gosh, you got a lot done in one morning! I love being up early and before the world wakes up...especially being outside as it feels so peaceful and still. Sometimes I need to be still and patient to really enjoy the magic of life.
I love your word today, as we are not a very patient world, but you were able to be patient while Denny was a patient so that you spent blessed time together, finished the beautiful novel of your lives together.
I love wind chimes, they can bring calm and gentleness.
That sand storm looks fierce, glad that you were safe indoors! I have never seen one in person.
Have a good day Gracie ♥️

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am not a morning person but it is nice to be awake before everyone else sometimes.
You have had to use all your patience recently so this was a suitable word for you.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The dust storm looks and sounds scary Grace. I often wish I was better at being patient:-)

Vickie said...

Oh I am so very often NOT patient. I don't like the looks of the dust storm at all.

Chookyblue...... said...

gosh I hate dust storms.........nothing quiet like them.............gets in everywhere........we are very very dry at the moment but not been so windy........

Vicki said...

I really like this word - your design of it is so peaceful.

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

Wow!! I'm tired just reading your wonderful blog. Can't wait to see the finished banner. Be safe. 💟

Leonore Winterer said...

That dust storm looks scary!
Patient really is a fitting word - both for that long hors spent in the hospital, but also for you and now - to be patient with yourself to heal an grieve.

Brigitte said...

We don't have dust storms over here and I have to say that your picture looks really scary. I think I wouldn't leave the house if such a storm was coming up.
I love the way you added the crystal beads to the word Patient. Wind chimes are so soothing and the beads look like wind chimes.