Friday, July 7, 2017

My Denny is home

The last two days have been very emotional for me. I had a call from the mortuary that Dennis was ready to be returned to me. The owner offered to bring him home and yesterday Denny arrived back home at 5:45 PM. Up to now, it was almost as though he would walk into our home at any time...now I am reminded that it will never be so. One day last week in a frustrated moment I shouted "you are not even hear to hear me!" Well now he is. I like to think of him sitting in the yard wearing one of his many Patriot caps watching the birds or thinking of a new garden plan or what plants to buy. Or maybe he would sit under the umbrella...one of three that shaded the plants most of the time, not us. Other times he would be reading Sound and Vison checking the latest electronics.....did I mention that there are 2 DVD players and I think even a third that is a Blu-Ray player in the garage....and how about the other home theater projector.....he loved to upgrade~! He was always busy with this or that ~~~~~~
there was always a bush to trim. He was always busy doing something.
This morning I washed the car....yes, I did. He would have been upset that it was so dusty. I even sprayed the wheels with the stuff and cleaned the dash with the other stuff...I am sure I used the right one in the right place. Today will be another tearful day as I think of all the good times and all the times he drove me crazy with the electronic things. Where was I when he bought all those drills? At last count there are 4 of them in the garage. I still find it difficult to think I will not hear his voice calling "Graz" or find him in the garden or playing music or a movie. I think it will be a good idea to carry my Dianna crying hankie with me......
Dennis,  Mr H,  Denny~~~~~~ my love, I am glad you are back with me.

17 comments:

Debbie said...

It might be just a whisper but you will always hear Mr. H calling 'Graz'.

Go ahead play the music, watch the movie and linger in the garden....there are tears and there are reasons to smile.

Janice said...

Take comfort in knowing he is there with you. Let the tears fall when you feel the need but smile once again as you tend to the plants, pond and other projects like your beautiful needlework. Can't wait to see the finished words banner. Love and hugs to you 💗

Alan said...

Where he belongs.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Oh Grace, it's so hard for you just now. Use the hankie as often as you need it.

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

I want to say something, but I don't know what to say. I am so sorry Grace. Irene xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm glad that he is home with you again. I had not realised that you had the funeral already, I do hope that went well. It's an important ritual to say goodbye to the person and celebrate their life.
I am sure he will be watching over you as you sort out the tool collection!

Vickie said...

Oh Gracie, my heart hurts with you.

diamondc said...

Gracie: I am so sad he is gone and you are hurting so much, I think what you are doing is healthy, by thinking of all the wonderful things he did while at home.
You have strength in you that you do not even knows exist, I will never tire hearing of all the wonderful things you have to say about Mr. H.
God Bless you my Friend.

Catherine

LeShawn said...

There will be good and bad days. You take all the time you need to grieve. Its not an overnight process. It's good he is home now. I believe he is with you and watching over you everyday. Take care of yourself today Grace.

Tonya said...

Home sweet home! ❤️

Marilyn said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))
Marilyn

Simple Pleasure said...

Gracie...my heart is heavy for you...sending love and blessings!
Patricia

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

You hv to mourn as long as you need to. You can't keep it inside you. Denny's spirit will always be with you. You are stronger than you think!! 💕

rosey175 said...

Oh Gracie, you are still in your shipwrecked waters. It is okay for all the tears and frustrations. Carry that hankie everywhere. ♥

My husband likes that publication too... and all the upgrading that goes with it.

Shirlee said...

Oh gracie, I had no idea! My thoughts & prayers are with you.

butterfly said...


Love you sweet friend .

Leonore Winterer said...

I have to 'deal' with constant upgrading in the tech-department as well...it's okay though, I enjoy the new stuff, and I always need to get new stuff for my crafting as well! I hope you made it through another day okay. Time might not heal some wounds, but I'm still sure that things will get easier to live with them.