Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Stitching but no flushing

The master bath toilet is not in use at the present time. Dianna and Bob came by and Bob will pick up the necessary part and return this week to install...not to fret, there is the main bathroom and all is working there. I had the landscapers look at the back yard water system. All is working but the main turn on valve thing has a leak...of course. You did not think this was going to be simple did you. Dennis had not used this system in years preferring to water all by hand. Not me, simple is what I want  need. He will return one morning this week to remove and then get the proper part. The good news is that the watering system can still be used and will turn on at 7 AM each morning. All I will need to do is water the pots which do not have to be watered daily. Denny I hope is smiling down on my progress. In the meantime, I have been working on/off of the Words banner....
a little peek at how it is coming along. I am pleased with my choices and relaxing in the progress of it. There is a reason for each embellishment and my thoughts for the words. I plan to have a letter on the reverse side to explain it all.  Remember the new hummingbird feeder...
I know, but I had to sneak up to the window to catch him....he is there on the left on the top section. The bottom is almost empty. I still plan to hang it higher and out of the sun...just need to get the mental note to climb a ladder to so. I fear falling from the ladder, always hated climbing ladders. I think I can use the smaller ladder...now there is a thought. We are back in a "heat wave"...I did not realize it really had passed! Now there is mention of some Monsoon weather approaching. The yard is finally all raked ...hold on a second. I just ran out and the system did come on....now to redirect the watering....that will be next task. Off to Lowes this weekend for parts. I have been enjoying listening to music...remembered how to use the sound system that we have. Today the air conditioner gets a check and I even managed to check the filter the other day. Outwardly I am moving along, Inside is a different story. Thanks to all the support I know I will be fine and have to remind myself that it will take time. Thank you for the caring and kind words. Thank you for your friendship. Let's have a good day.

10 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

You are doing a great job, love the photo of Dennis. yes, your hummy is sweet. i can't wait to see your words all done. big hugs love Lynda Ruth

Joanie said...

You are doing great, Gracie! I think of you and I keep you in my prayers daily. Wishing you continued peace.

I check on you every day and I look forward to your posts.

Simple Pleasure said...

I am incredibly proud of you, Gracie!
Sending love,
Patricia

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Hummingbirds are such lovely little gems of nature. You are making progress Grace - on all fronts from the sound of it.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

How lovely to have a hummingbird visit you.
I am pleased that you have friends helping you with the practicalities of running the house too.
I am looking forward to seeing the aspirations all finished.

Vickie said...

I was so happy to be greeted not only by you, but by Dennis when visiting the blog today. Very nice. The Words Banner is looking lovely. You are becoming quite handy around the house, aren't you?! Keep nice and cool Gracie.

butterfly said...


Good to see your Dennis on your blog. It's part oh your healing always have many photos around the house and talk, I talk to my photos all the time.
Can't wait to see your work , sending hugs.

LeShawn said...

It is good to know your progressing Grace. I look forward to your project reveal. The outside is easy to deal with, the inside, not so much. I am in favor of your suggestion to have a good day. So lets have a good one!

rebelrosecreations@gmail.com said...

New follower here. I love the pictures of your progress and the hummingbird. They are so fast! I am looking forward to catching up with you on your blog.
~East Coast Stitcher~ http://christiescrossstitchcreations.blogspot.com/

Leonore Winterer said...

It looks like the affirmation words project continues to provide a great way to deal with things.
And such a cute Humming bird! I've never seen one up this close. I don't want to have the temperatures you're having, but I do like seeing your wildlife.