Thursday, July 6, 2017

The Hummer moving in?

For nearly 3 hours this cutie moved into the Lanai. We have a bunch of twigs on a shelf and I guess it was a good place to rest. There are also some of these twigs in a vase closer to the middle of the room, these are quite to the back of the room. Last year frequently the Hummer would stop in to rest on the other twigs. It was another hot day so although the area is warm it is not as hot as being outside completely. Dennis loved when they stopped in to visit. Still have not hung the new feeder higher....everyday I say, "I should get out there and hang the feeder" and everyday I don't. I had a teary day yesterday...nothing seemed okay. I did clean off the shelving unit in the garage and put together donation items. My friend Al stopped by to pick them up. Amazing the things I find....oh, and...another drill, a sander and some other tool. I really think opening a tool rental shop will be something to think about! I did work on the Words banner...want another peek...
a tatted butterfly. I have one last word to tack down and then a few more embellishments before adding the backing. Today is trim the trees day here in our community. Three of them right here in my courtyard. A bit noisy right now. My coffee is ready and so my friends, I will say thank you for all the kind words and for caring about me. Thank you especially for your friendship. Let's have a good day where ever you are.

10 comments:

Debbie said...

I can't wait to see the finished banner. From the photos that you've shared it's going to be be beautiful!

Ah the tools......well I can relate as most of my Dad's tools are stowed in dock boxes in our garage. It's on my 'to do' list, just not yet.

Today is a new day. Look out for your hummer.

peggysue98 said...

One day at a time, and it's okay to have those teary eyed days. I still get them missing my dad. Can't wait to see the finished projects. As soon as I feel better I will come visit u Gracie. Hugs. Peggy. (JPEG)

Vicki said...

I'm eager to see your words banner, Gracie. Sounds like you're keeping busy - I'm sure that's a good thing.

Shelly said...

A good day indeed! Rain showers in the forecast so that makes me a happy girl. Good to see you getting along, Gracie. I'm sure you know you'll have more of those teary days. And that's okay. Looking forward to seeing the banner finished.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a neat little tatted butterfly Grace, so clever. Having a little hummingbird fly in must be quite special.

Vickie said...

I cannot help but think of how Carol says she thinks of her Dad every time she spots a cardinal. Perhaps you will think of Denny every time you see a hummer. I know you think of Dennis nonstop Gracie. Very big hugs to you my friend. Love and prayers.♥

shirley flavell said...

I look forward to seeing your word piece. There has been a lot of love go into it.It is great to see you writing so regularly Gracie. Take care. VERY COLD here in N.Z.

butterfly said...


I think Vickie is right I think the hummer is your sign from Dennis .
We all of one sign , like I talked about with you yesterday.

Can't wait to see the banner.
Love you gracie.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I do hope the hummer comes to make a home with you.
Loving the looks of the Words banner so far, even if it is only a sneaky peek.
I guess the tree-trimming is pruning rather than decorating, which was my first thought - it's a quaint Arizona tradition to trim the trees in July!

Leonore Winterer said...

The hummingbird is so cute - may Denny send him to check in on you and keep you company?