Sunday, July 2, 2017

I am not a plumber!

Denny, why did you not show me and teach me to do the plumbing?! I thought I watched Don carefully when he came over the other day with Glenda and he fixed...thought he did....the toilet running. This morning at 3 am it started and although I did what Don di...it worked for a short time....besides putting my hands into the pond I discovered that I do not like touching the inside of the toilet tank. Not only that, but somewhere along the lifting the tank top and jiggling the things inside I cause a lot of water to puddle on the floor and then got down on my hands and knees at 3:3o to clean it all up. Not a good start to the day. Well, at least I will have a nice visit with JeanneG. I will be going to visit with her this morning and the promise from her of a hug. I finished another Denny's Angel this morning since I was awake and raring to go....not. I also did a bit on the Words project. Hope to show you that in a day or two. The hummer has been visiting the new feeder so for now I will not relocate it to the higher hook. The house finches have discovered that they can not perch on it...so off to one of the other two they fly. Santa is finished---
all trimmed and backed with red felt. The changes that I made.... you know I like to add a bit of me....is to the beard. I did a modified Turkey stitch and I used and iridescent Krenik thread for the hat  trim on his pom-pom and the and brim as well as the coat trim.  I also used black Krenik for the belt and shoes and a gold Krenik ribbon for the buckle. Love his beard! Denny never got to see this finished...but he liked the ideas that had for the changes. This is my special "deh Santa".  I know some of you are concerned that I am eating and sleeping well. I am eating as I can cook, just never had to. As for the sleeping, well that is still an issue. I have progressed to going to bed the last 2 nights without all the lights on.  There is always a night light on in the bathroom, living room and kitchen so it is not completely dark. Some progress being made.  Guess I better get a move on . Need my coffee and breakfast and a couple of household chores before going to JeanneG's place. Thank you for the continued kind words of encouragement and the emails and cards. Most of all than you for your caring friendship.

18 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Enjoy your visit out Grace, it's good to meet with friends and take comfort from them. You are certainly having your household woes - I hope it all settles down so that you don't have to worry about fixing things.

KimM said...

Good morning, Grace. Be gentle with yourself and enjoy time with your friend. Nothing a like a good visit to help cheer you. Thinking of you often-
xxx

peggysue98 said...

Your doing great Gracie. Enjoy your visit today. Keep whatever lights u want on. Hugs

Unknown said...

I had to learn how to do a lot of "new" things plus I've a terrible memory so what I do is video on my phone or tablet when a friend comes to repair things.
Then transfer it to my laptop so I can save it for next time.
Also u-tube is a huge help for fixing all sorts of things.
I even repaired the dryer
thanks to repair videos on repairclinic.com
When our toilet was running we replaced the "flapper" thing that closes off the hole in the tank. Presto! no more annoying noise & wasted water.
Hope this helps
Blessings,
Baa

Annette-California said...

So wonderful that you gat to get a hug today. Hugs are so reassuring & are of love. You need hugs!!! It may take time to get a good nights sleep hope this happens for you soon. Love your Santa!!! Sending you lots of hugs!!! love Annette

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I can't plumb either! Flooding scares me.
The Santa looks great, love his beard too.

Vickie said...

I hope your visit with Jeanne was great! Your deh Santa is! Love the beard very much.

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: I love your Santa, the beard is perfect, he is adorable.
When Mike was in the hospital last year for open heart surgery on the days I was home I slept with a small bedroom light on, also I did not sleep well, the eating was something else I ate too much.
I am an ace at plumbing I think it can be a curse in the future with friends and family members, hopefully not.
I am sure this is a trying time and hope it eases a little for you, we love this Blogland and you know you can email any of us I am sure just to talk.

Blessings
Catherine

Julie said...

Enjoy your visit with Jeanne.
A very cute Santa, he's adorable.
{{hugs}}x

Tiffstitch said...

Not a great start, but you persevered and got a hug, plus finished a very cute Santa!

Janice said...

Hope you enjoyed your visit with your friend today. Words of encouragement and a hug is good for the soul.
Also hope you can get someone in to fix your toilet so you'll be good to go. Lol (Did I make you smile?) ❤

Ninetta said...

The beard is perfect! Hugs.

Brigitte said...

I hope you were having a lovely visit with your friend. And that talking and crafting and being hugged was a kind of consolation for you and cheered you up in some way.
The Santa looks wonderful, Grace.

jocondine said...

Great Santa with a nice beard! Not a good DIY for house issues, always asking for DH help, ready to read your advices in next posts! Send you lot of kisses. Bisous. xxx

Mary said...

Love your Santa, beard perfect. You Tube everything, my grandson has a job working with a plumber and even they you tube 'stuff' to fix. Take care,

Leonore Winterer said...

Boo about the plumbing, I hope you'll get that figured out! Santa looks very cheery, though, maybe that's just what you need right now.

Wanda said...

Dear Grace, I wanted to offer my sincere condolences. Sending warm thoughts and prayers.

butterfly said...


Love your santa gracie, hope you had a nice day with your friend and lots of hugs .
I would be useless when things break , so well done for trying.
Hope you are sleeping better , I can't sleep in the summer I seem to wake up far to early , then I get tired in the afternoons , but I never sleep in the day time.
Sending loads of hugs , take care ,you are in my thoughts .