Saturday, July 1, 2017

Looking ahead but looking back

I look at this rose from the flowers Lu and Stan sent...I see such beauty but also deep thought. The lavender of this rose is more beautiful than this picture shows.....A new month today and I am trying to look ahead and move forward. Not yet my mind tells me....looking back is preferred. So many wonderful memories of times long ago and also in the not too past. Forgetting the most recent memories because they are too painful. I know that they are also important but I must file them away for now so that I can move forward because I must move forward. All that I could take care of has been done and now it is a waiting game of sorts for things to fall into place and until they are all in place I remain in this limbo. This morning I looked out to the yard and thought ---- oh my, Denny would have a conniption if he looked out here. The trash barrel is in view, debris not yet swept up and disarray everywhere. then I remind myself that it is just too hot to deal with it.  I could go out at 6 am to clean but not enough ambition yet to do this. No, instead I will lazily putt about the house stopping in between the straightening up and my needlework. I remembered how to use the stereo system so maybe some music for company. I guess I did pay attention when he showed me. Still have one phone receiver not working...someone suggested it may need a battery. I thought we had an extra battery someplace. So many things I still have to figure out or find. A bright note, yesterday a hummingbird came to the new feeder....and he has been there a few times this morning again.
It is just outside the kitchen window so I can easily see it. The other 2 are still in place, one in the Sweet Memory tree in the backyard and the other out the front living room window. I do have to move the new one and hang it higher and out of the mid-day sun. That will require the ladder, a drill and a hook as well as "s'' hook extensions which will be a ride to Ace or Home Depot and that is not today. Time for my coffee and corn muffins just out of the oven. Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words, emails and cards. Most of all thank you for the caring friendship that you share with me.

17 comments:

Norman Belanger said...

a very beautiful flower, and a very beautiful post. I hope you find a little more strength every day as you move forward.

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Your doing great, just take one day at a time and I love your rose. big hugs lots of love

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a beautiful rose - my favourite flowers. I pressed a rose from my dad's funeral and I still have it today - it's so perfect. Perhaps you could press this one too Grace and that way you could keep it.

CalamityJr said...

Does it sound odd if I say I'm proud of you, Gracie? You're setting a fine example of how to move forward with strength and, yes, grace while still holding on to the good in the past. Blessings to you, sweet lady.

Vickie said...

That rose is quite stunning. I hope today is a good day for you my friend. Hugs and prayers coming your way.

Annette-California said...

Lovely Rose and your new visitors! Hope today is peaceful for you. Hugs & prayers love Annette

Janice said...

Wow such an unusual color. I'll bet it smells amazing. Enjoy putzing...work at your own pace and it'll get done when it gets done.

butterfly said...


I so wish I could hug you gracie.
I often think how I would cope , not very well I do know that .
You are doing so well and you are so brave .
Take care sending kisses.

Chookyblue...... said...

you know i can never take a photo of a purple flower and get it to show true.....

shirley flavell said...

Lovely rose, amazing colour. Take care.

Cindy's Stitching said...

The purple rose is just beautiful. I hope each day gets a little better.

AC said...

Slow and steady Sweet Grace....💕💕💕

Sally said...

A beautiful rose Grace. My Dad had some that colour in his garden but they were difficult to grow and keep.

Thinking of you.

averyclaire.org said...

Just as your name says it all...you are gracefully paddling through this life change with such GRACE. I am in awe of your strength. Hugs and much admiration!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a beautiful rose, such a lovely colour, reminds me of the 160 range in DMC!
Please keep sharing your memories, maybe you could write a memoir of your life together in time?

Leonore Winterer said...

You are doing very well with taking steps forward, so I think looking backward from time to time is, while painful, also normal and okay for you.
I hope your new hummingbird friend comes to visit again soon!

Kaisievic said...

Oh, Gracie, my heart cries for you in your loss of dear "Mr H", but he will always be with you in your memories and yes, you can move forward. We are all here to catch you if you stumble along the way. Lots of love and hugs, Kaye xxx