Friday, June 30, 2017

New tenants

While out on an errand yesterday I stopped at Petco and found these guys
the silver trio with a black mark...they are called Rasbora and are schooling fish. That means that they will swim in a group---together.... like you see them in the picture. Yesterday however, they were all over the place and never once together and I though oh no misfits! Today for the most part they stay in the group except for one who goes off on its own at times. I also picked up another Red Wag Platy to keep the other one company. Now we shall see if they like their accommodations.  A surprise ringing of the back door bell brought another beautiful Bromeliad...
Friend Joan from RI sent it...look at the vibrant yellow and orange. Now we  I have 2 and I will be so happy if they survive...although my record with house plants is far better than the garden as we know. I forgot to mention my Crying Hankie
When Dianna was here the other day she handed me this beautiful hankie and told me to tuck it into my handbag and when I need to cry to wipe the tears with this. It has embroidery, cutwork and a tatted edge....all of my loved needlework. Each of the 3 corners is also detailed. The other night when we lost electricity, it seems to have caused one of my telephones (a set of three) to no longer work. It keeps messaging out of range. I have tried almost everything...next step just may be into the trash. I am multi-tasking right now...yes, blogging, but also a laundry and deep cleaning the coffee maker...hate that smell of vinegar! I thought abut continuing the yard clean up but today is not the day and it may be a few more before I feel like getting out there early before the heat. Not too bad this morning,  in the high 80s but heading for 109 later today. The Dove family is doing fine....he will be leaving as soon as she arrives which should be anytime now. Which is my cue to leave the blogging world to finish the coffee maker and grab the laundry  mop the kitchen floor and make the bed.....sounds like I will be busy this morning. Thank you for visiting with me and for the kind words and most of all for your friendship. One day at a time......

17 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

You are right, one day at a time. Love your new tenants, here's hoping they stay around for awhile. I was thinking of getting some fish too but with my surgery hanging up for now I will just wait and see what my stress test shows. Glad you are doing okay. here are some big hugs and kisses for you. love Lynda Ruthxxx

Annette-California said...

Good morning Gracie! Make sure you take time to drink fluids today with the heat.
Prayers & hugs Annette

Brita said...

Glad you found some new tenants.
Re your phone: I rememberhaving the problem once. The battery had zonked out. After I got a new battery pack everything was fine again.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I know your heart is so sad...but one day at a time sweet Jesus, one day at a time...prayers abounding for you.

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

Congratulations on your new fish children. One day at a time Gracie.

butterfly said...



Happy you found some new tenants , I use to spend hours watching my new fish.
Like many of your friends are saying gracie , just take things a day at a time.
It all takes time , you will have good and bad days , always thinking of you. HUGS .

Janice said...

Watching fish is so therapeutic I think. Enjoy...happy to hear you are drawing on your strength thru our prayers to continue to move forward moment by moment. Love you

Vickie said...

What a beautiful surprise at your backdoor. Love your new tenants. I hope you have a good night Gracie. Love and prayers for you.♥

shirley flavell said...

Great new tenants,many an hour can be spent watching. So glad that you are busying yourself with chores and errands but there has to be quiet times as well Gracie. Take care. Hugs Shirley from N.Z.

Stitching Cat said...

Hugs, Gracie. 😘

Chookyblue...... said...

I sure hope the new tenants last a bit longer this time........
one day at a time is fine.....

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Every day a step forward. You are doing so well Gracie, with all these practical things, I know how hard you must find it, but how proud Denny must be with each new skill. Lovely gifts from your friends too. Much love Irene xx

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: Lovely post, the doves are such beautiful birds, we have two that hang around all summer, I love watching them.
The bromeliad, very interesting plants.
I am so sorry to hear about Denny, I am sure he is not suffering in anyway now, I have tried numerous times to post on your blog, I hope this is the one to get through.

Happy Fourth
Catherine

Ele said...

cute little fish you have there
take care
elena

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love to watch fish swim around, it's very therapeutic. The idea of the crying hankie is so thoughtful - the hankie itself is very lovely - such a special thing to hold onto at this time.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What sweet new fish and such individuals too!
That's a lovely hanky and I am sure it will remind you that your friends care about you deeply.

Leonore Winterer said...

Your fish sound very interesting, I'm sure there will be more fun stories to share about them in time. You're doing a great job tackling one problem after another, and we'll always be here for you to rant if you need to!