Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Halos and electricity

Well....at 10:55 PM exactly there was a pop noise outside and all went dark inside. Of course I knew there was a flash light in the bedroom as well as one in the kitchen but to get to either of them without causing a catastrophe. Found the one in the bedroom and lighted my way to kitchen. At first I though it was just my house but when I glanced out the window it was everywhere around me. As the time ticked by I figured any minute there will be light. Forget the movie because it was over by now. The sound of the kitchen clock ticking let me know that it was not happening soon. Plan was to just fall asleep and all would be right in the morning. Certainly I thought so. Sleep was not that easy. I kept waking to see if the electricity was back on.  Finally at 8:03 AM ta-da...on came the lights and the TV and the air conditioner and the refrigerator...the fridge...there was water dripping between the freezer door and the fridge door. I do not plan to peek inside just yet....The pond fountain is working and the aquarium pump is flowing so that is good enough for now. As for the halos...
the two angels are now complete...their halos ae not as the pattern called for but rather what I wanted to do....their skirts are trimmed with
beads. I do not think I will starch them. They are ready to travel to someone's home and maybe to a Christmas tree. This are what I made while sitting with my Denny those last days. I had made a couple a few months back and he really liked them and suggested that I make some to give away....so these are with his thoughts. I have one more to finish and I plan to add colored beads to the bottom of that skirt. Feeling pretty good that I finally accomplished something creative yesterday. Maybe I am moving forward instead of sitting still. I made a few more of the necessary phone calls yesterday and so that list is dwindling.  So much to still do in that area but one day at a time and it will get done. Sounds good doesn't it. I no longer have a norm for my day so I will just adjust to what is now. How can I ever thank you all enough for the loving, kind encouragement and most of all your friendship. You are truly the helping force for me.....Although my heart is aching and my eyes are tearful, my heart is full....💔

22 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Glad you got the angels done.....

Unknown said...

Your angels are so pretty.
I've never done anything like this. Is it crochet? Is there a website you could recommend for a total beginner?
Blessings
Baa

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Just what you needed Grace, glad it came back on but you know what, deal with one thing at a time and don't stress about the little things. I think you are doing amazingly well, be kind to yourself every day.

Shelly said...

I count myself lucky to have one of your tatted creations, a Christmas tree with beads scattered here and there on it. It's not good when the electricity goes out where you live, Gracie, as hot as it's been. Moving forward one day at a time sounds good to me!

Joanie said...

I keep praying for you...

Debbie said...

The angels are beautiful!
One day at a time is all anyone can ask, sounds pretty good.

take care

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Make sure you keep one of those angels you made while sitting with Dennis. He would want you to have one. It can remind you of the love shared between you at that time. His love will be in them. I am glad you are okay. My heart aches for you. I am sending you lots of love and big hugs. The aching will go away but the love he had for you will remain and you will treasure all the memories the two of you had together. I never got good memories of my marriage so I am glad that you did and will have them with you forever. Lots of Love Lynda Ruth

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's another experience you have coped with, so well done there. Do you have a list of emergency numbers somewhere easy to find? In the UK we dial 105 to find out how long a powercut is likely to last.
I agree with Lynda, you should keep one little angel for yourself.

Vickie said...

So glad your power returned. I like what you did with the angels. Perfect! And beautiful! Good for you getting those phone calls done. Moving forward indeed my friend! Here is a BIG HUG with LOTS of LOVE! (And you know I am still praying for BOTH of you!♥♥)

Alan said...

I think i left one of the flashlights in the fromt bedroom. The one i took on my nightly walks. Sorry

Donna Golby said...

One second one minute one hour and one day at a time. If sitting still is all you can do then that's enough. Sending you lots of love and strength so you are able to deal with each challenge as it appears. I'm glad you have lots of memories of lots of years. I've got lots of memories but didn't have so many years. I still take each moment as it comes. The kids help me through. But I can still hear Kevin telling me how to do stuff.

Take care sleep well

Donna

AC said...

May the real angels bring you some comfort during these most difficult days 💕💕💕💕

CalamityJr said...

The words of affirmation and now the angels - what special gifts to yourself for keeping those memories close to your heart. You're doing well, Gracie. Whatever you feel you can do is enough. Hope you feel our love and prayers surrounding you.

butterfly said...


Beautiful Angels gracie , the Angels are healing you gracie , how wonderful to be crafting again .
When I lost my daughter cross stitch was my healing Angel.
Take each day a day at a time . sending love , hugs , and kisses.

Daniela Mendola said...

Your angels are very lovely as well as your sweet blog. Thank you so much for sharing your work and words :-)

Julie said...

I feel another angel was perhaps sitting beside you whilst you worked on these beautiful delicate angels and giving you comfort.
much love xxx

averyclaire.org said...

HUGS!

Vicki said...

Oh my Gracie, I'm glad it happened at night and not during the scorching heat of the day. Your angels are beautiful and whoever receives them will treasure them.

Brigitte said...

These little angels are just perfect and so beautiful. So good to see that you are crafting again, Grace.

Kathy H said...

Hugs and prayers for you, Grace. Keep one of those angels for you too. They turned out beautiful.

LeShawn said...

Those Angels are beautiful. I am sending you prayers and support from Cleveland. Your doing great by the way. One day at a time. That is all we can do.

shirley flavell said...

Beautiful angels, do keep one by your bed . You will see it every night and morning saying goodnight or hello:) Yes one step at a time, you sound like you seem to be reasonably ok and coping with different situations. Hugs Gracie from N.Z.