Thursday, June 29, 2017

Maternity ward once again open

I am loosing count of the Mourning Dove nests but there is another one....
back on the wall clock. In all the 12 years in this home we have never had this many nesters in one year. I have not really paid too much attention so I do not know when the nest was completed so delivery date is unknown...I did notice that more of the sphagnum moss form the front door display has been missing. The pond finally has it's lily pads..

Pretty...plastic lily pads for shade and hiding for the fish. In this picture they do not look very large but trust me they are. They are doing okay but I still need to vac out some algae. Luckily they do not mind it. This Fall I will replace the covering over the pond as this one is tattered and faded from the heat and sun. (you can see the reflection in the pond). 

The Words of Affirmation project has some progress.....
it is a working layout and I am still gathering embellishments. All the stitching of the words to the backing and the embellishments will be by hand. The backing will be by machine. Today I will look through the bead cabinet to find what I need want to add. Denny loved turquoise and I do have some. At 3 O'clock this morning I did the final trimming on the words so it is ready to go.  Today I will be making some hummingbird food for my new feeder....
my caring friend Dianna Lynn visited on Tuesday and she bought one for herself as well as for me. I will keep the other 2 where they hang and this will go right outside my kitchen window. It is a double decker....and because the perches are so pliable the woodpecker and house finches can not should not be able to land on it....but who knows. the first of the Denny Angels has gone home with  Dianna... there are more to make and give away. One will go on the Words banner and one for my tree...and....who knows where they will be flying off to. They have strong wings. I have strong wings....Yesterday was the first time that I was out and about. I had a follow-up with our PCP since the high blood pressure problem and all is good. The Office staff lead by Debbie, CNA Amber and dear Dr Mohan were sad and missing Dennis by my side and they all signed a lovely card personally noted by each of them. I also brought the magazines to the pain management doctor, Dr Paul who told me that he really liked Dennis and would miss him. I have been comforted by so many caring friends. Cards have arrived and even some gifts...
The vase of roses (they are gorgeous) is from Lu and Stan back in RI, the bromeliad is form Robyn and David across the courtyard, the feeder and a lovely "crying " hankie from Dianna, and a lovely dragonfly pin from Glenda and Don.Thank you all---- here and near and far away for caring and thank you for the loving and kind words. Your true friendship means so very much to me. 

8 comments:

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

You are doing a great job taking care of everything Gracie!! Love seeing your work. Remember, one day at a time. 😘👋

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Your doing great keep it up. Hugs Lynda Ruth

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Somehow the Doves seem very appropriate for this time.
I am glad that you are surrounded with caring people who are looking out for you.

Vickie said...

I am glad to see the doves are keeping you company. ;) Your Words of Affirmation Project is looking wonderful. What lovely flowers! Hugs for you! You and Dennis are in my prayers.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I admire you for keeping so busy and productive Grace, well done. I think of you each day even though I've never "met" you.

shirley flavell said...

Oh gosh Gracie, I gasped when I saw the water lilies photo then laughed when I read that they were plastic, you trickster you.Loving the progress of your Affirmation, amazing. Wonderful of the health clinic staff remembering Denny.

Annette-California said...

Well I had a good laugh. I too thought the water lilies were real. Clicked on the photo to make larger. Gorgeous!!! Then went back and read they were plastic! Lol!!! Beautiful flowers you received in honor of Mr. H.
love Annette

Janice said...

Lovely fish pond.....flowers, stitched words...and cards that bring comfort 💓