Sunday, July 23, 2017

I am still here...

Hello friends, thank you for missing me. I took a few days off. First because the 21st was my first month without Denny and then to gather myself. Besides the blog I keep a diary separate from here and those thoughts , well it was best to take a break. I am here and over the next week I want to share some more of the embellishments on the banner. I had a love y day with Dianna and we did cut out the teddy...
and today I start to sew. We also went to a thrift store and  I found just the right book for my teddy bears
I will remind myself not to return there on a Saturday...so chaotic. Dianna found some good stuff too. Early last evening my friend Keith stopped by to bring me an embroidered something....
well, I can not show it as it will be a gift but he has a wonderful embroidery machine and I asked if he would stitch this for me. Then he helped me to send a couple of videos to The Brother Alan. Keith is a computer wiz....really what he does, sort of. Anyway, it was a productive day. Right now it is cloudy with chance of rain and very humid. I did get out earlier to vacuum out  18 gallons of water, then add fresh water back in. I also remembered to add the algaecide chemical. Cleaned the pump too. I think they will be going to a new home next week. I called an organization and the man said email me your address and I will come out to get them next week...so lets keep those toes crossed (the fingers will most likely be doing needlework) that he does come for them. I sent pictures to him. I actually added a few more stitches to Alice, but not enough to even notice. So I have been busy.  I hope to sew on the teddy bear. I have some yard work to do, but I will get out early each morning to rake, sweep, pond vac and such....too hot after 7 AM. I also need to get a new filter for the fridge ice maker next week and hope I remember how to do install. I watched Denny do it hundreds of times. How hard can it be? You will soon find out.
By the way...remember

I  decided to call him Harry.... just popped in my head and did not leave, so Harry it is.
Guess that about covers what I have been up to and what plans I have. Glad to have you visit with me and thank you for the kind words and most of all your friendship. I am trying to get back into visiting all of you...Let's have a good day.

12 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Glad your feeling better big hugs love Lynda Ruth life is good

Vicki said...

This humidity is really rough this year. You're wise to get the outside chores done as early as possible. We were out last night with my brother and SIL going around to Goodwills for their Christmas in July sales and we saw even more big trees down all around the west Valley. These winds are tremendous and they seem to just pop up out of nowhere. I'm loving the clouds, but would like more rain...

Vickie said...

Well good! You got the denim pieces all cut. It will be so interesting to see you create a teddy from Dennis' jeans. Have a good night my friend.♥

shirley flavell said...

Oh great you have cut your teddy out. Look forward to seeing the progress Gracie. Have a good week:)

Kaisievic said...

Sounds like you have been keeping busy and productive, dear Gracie. I cannot imagine it being so hot as it is the depths of winter here!

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

Missed your blog. Glad you're feeling better!! You're doing a wonderful job Gracie!! One day at a time. 😘

Janice said...

Oh boy you got started! Can't wait to see the progress as you begin working on it. Im really happy you're busy....the mind really wanders when we're idle but sometimes it's ok to consider the past as long as we keep looking ahead. Btw I think Harry is a fitting name. Love you and praying for you daily Gracie 😊

butterfly said...

Can't wait to see your Teddy.
Take care gracie your always in my mind hugs.

LindaLee said...

I love stopping in here and reading your newsy blogs. We're supposed to be getting some rain here, today or tomorrow as well, and I'm looking forward to it. Apparently a cool front right after it. That will sure feel nice.
I love how much you accomplish with your sewing and all. You inspire me to say the least. LindaLee

Julie said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your Teddy.
Have a lovely day x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

A month? Good heavens! I'm intrigued by the teddy you are making and shall look forward to seeing that progress.
The children have broken up for the summer holidays now so of course it has rained every day so far! Not all day but at least one rain shower per day.

Leonore Winterer said...

Take all the time away you need, everyone here will understand.

I'm looking forward to seeing that teddy you are making, it sounds like a lovely idea :)