Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Plan B Thursday

So, this is all that I could accomplish with the pond cover. Of course with friends like Dianna and offers from Sherry to help, it will be Plan B Thursday. We will I am sure get the task finished. Of course the guy I called to come and drain and clean the pond never called me back yesterday evening as he said he would, so I will move ahead with that on Thursday also. I am being careful to continue to run the pump and fountain head to help keep the mosquitos at bay. The fish helped with that. Pond donuts will have to do now.
Teddy has his stuffing but the seams have to be sewn. Today I will sort through the buttons to find the right ones. Oh yes, his ears have to be attached too. I will do some hand sewing here and there also. I also made four hairpin lace dresses for Denny's Angels. Today is starting very overcast. This monsoon weather messes up my sinuses and gives me light headaches. In a way it is a help...crazy to say I know, but it slows me down and recently I am moving with little rest. I keep finding this or that to do and have not been my usual organized self.   So today will be maybe the teddy, or maybe the angels or could be Alice. Definitely not yard or pond work! Maybe I will read a bit with some music for company. Glad that you stopped by today. I hear the timer telling me to remove the laundry form the dryer so off I go. Thank you for the kind words and for your friendship. Let's have a good day.

9 comments:

Karyn said...

Good friends are treasures, and yours sound like keepers :) The pond can wait IMHO, today sounds like a good day to rest and just be...music sounds like a good idea.
What is with people...I don't understand someone not showing up for an offer of a paid job...nothing drives me crazier, and it happens here all the time!
Teddy is looking fabulous, and I can't wait to see him come to life :)
Stay inside today, and follow your plan for music and a good book. this weather is yucky...and muggy down in my parts...not liking it.
Have a good day
Hugs

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Teddy is looking good. hugs

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am so pleased that you have good friends close by to help you out. People like to have a specific task to help with too.
Teddy is coming together nicely.

Chookyblue...... said...

Maybe you need to get rid of the pond completely it causes you so much trouble and work......

Vickie said...

The teddy looks great already! :D

Julie said...

Tradesmen don't seem to have the same commitment they used too in all manner of jobs I find nowadays.
Have a restful day
Xx

Brigitte said...

You deserve a day without pond or yard work, Grace. And Teddy is already looking good :)

Annette-California said...

Teddy is looking wonderful! Hope you get rest and those headaches go away. Music & stitching sounds lovely! love Annette

Leonore Winterer said...

The teddy is progressing nicely. Your sinuses are probably right though - you need to slow down a bit!