Wednesday, July 26, 2017

A Teddy Bear

Well now.....
Isn't this just right. Finished the teddy yesterday and it is sitting pretty. I love this pattern. It is a Simplicity pattern 
dated 1986 and I have made countless bears from it. This time the bear is special. It is from a pair of Denny's jeans and pieces cut rom one of my old blouses. 

I embroidered the Sorbello stitch along each arm top and on the top of the legs. My new favorite stitch.
I whip stitched the small inside pocket from the jeans to the back where it can hold a message or.....whatever. Fits nicely here. This is the smaller bear of three sizes.
Simple black buttons for the face. I really like how the back pocket looks for the face. I am not really happy with the ears of this pattern and have done them many ways in the past. The next teddy I will make a change. And how about the heart of this bear...
Indeed this teddy bear was made with love.....
I started the day with a problem. I took down the bathroom mini blind to wash and now I can not get it to snap into the bracket....Denny always put it back. So, tomorrow when Dianna and Sherry arrive to help with the pond, one of them I hope can get this back in place. I think I am needing a handy man. I suppose some of the things can wait until The Brother Alan arrives each year, but I really do not want his vacation time as work time. Just another loose screw for me to deal with. It was nice to have you visit with me. Thank you for the kind words and most of all your friendship. Let's have a good day.

14 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

I love your Denny teddy bear, he is full of love and kisses. big hugs have a great day.

butterfly said...


Oh gracie he is lovely , what a lovely teddy , you can cuddle him all the time , great idea.
Hugs to you and teddy.

Vicki said...

He is one handsome bear!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your bear is wonderful. I just love the little pocket on his back, what a clever idea.

Chookyblue...... said...

Cute bear.....

Vickie said...

Wow! This Denny bear is so clever. Well done Gracie.

LeShawn said...

The bear is so beautiful. So special. I hope it brings you some comfort when you need it.

Shelly said...

Teddy Bear is a cutie! His face turned out perfect with the stitching on it. He's a special bear! It was nice to see you out and about in blog land and stopping by my blog. I even saw you on Facebook. Taking tiny steps back into how it was before..good for you, Gracie!

shirley flavell said...

Oh Gracie your teddy bear is fabulous, I love it. Beautifully made and so full of love.It is so good to see you on your blog.

Julie said...

He is adorable and his little secret pocket is so cute. He has a very knowing look about his eyes that make him delightful.

Kathy H said...

Your Denny teddy bear is so cute. It will a nice memory for you. There's always something that needs to be fixed, isn't there. You are doing very well.

Leonore Winterer said...

I love your new teddy, it's really cute on it's own but all the added meaning makes it extra special :)

Sok Sareth said...

Your bear is wonderful. I just love the little pocket on his back, what a clever idea.

ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

Brigitte said...

Oh, look at this lovely little guy. He is so sweet, your little teddy bear. And of course made with love.