Monday, July 24, 2017

A rainy Monday

The day is starting with light rain....and clouds. Finally the temp will not be in the triple digits today. The yard work I planned will be on hold which is fine with me. I did sew yesterday on and off
The ears are sewn after it is stuffed so it is ready for the stuffing. I remembered that I am not fond of sewing denim.  Probably using a serger for the seams would be good...I do not have a serger. I do have a few overcast stitches on the machine so before the next one I will try on crap denim. So today I will start to fluff him out and find buttons for his eyes.  If you click on the picture to enlarge it you will see that I used one of the pockets with the stitching on it for his face.
I just went out to check the pond as I do every morning and evening, and the fish have died. So I will have to dispose of them and call the guy and let him know that I only have the one. These fish are at least 8 years old...pretty old for common gold fish that endure the outdoors. I noticed the other day that the 3 silver and black fish that moved in are now turning orange.

That is correct, when Keith was here he noticed it too. Got to be something with me and aquariums. Or just fish in general. The idea was to have silver to reflect and not add more orange to the tank.
I also starched my Denny's Angels yesterday and now to start a few more. I am hoping to work on Alice too this week. I have ambition but only in my mind! We shall see, but I am at least planning. Well friends guess I best get the fish removed and call the guy. Never a dull moment for me. Glad you stopped by and thank you for the many kind words and hugs too. Most of all thank you for your wonderful friendship. Let's have a good day.
UPDATE: When I finished this post I went out to remove the fish and they were all dead. Already found someone to come and drain and clean the pond so I can have it simple. No more fish however. Simple and easy to maintain.

9 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Well, fish don't live forever but 8 years is along time, love your teddy bear. big hugs love Lynda Ruth

peggysue98 said...

I never had a gold fish last that long. Doing a great job Gracie. Hugs and lots of love.

Karyn said...

You took good care of those fish...they had a good life :)
I love the denim bear...he is perfect!
Glad the temps are going down, you deserve a little relief.
Have a great day

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

Eight years seems like a long time!! Love the bear, what a sweet remembrance of Denny. Sounds like your crafts keep you very busy. That's a good thing. 😘

Vickie said...

I hope the pond is really easy for you to maintain now Gracie. Sorry it ended that way. That teddy bear is so neat!

Janice said...

I LOVE the teddy bear! What a treasured keepsake that will be when you're done. Wish I was motivated and talented as you are to make something out of my daddyo's shirts.
Sorry to hear about the fish. You'll be happy not to have to take your morning dip out there in the pond and can now stick to the indoor shower! �� lol
Enjoy crafting and the "cooler" temps.

Julie said...

Mr Bear is coming along lovely.
I'm sorry your pond adventures had to end this way, nature is strange sometimes.
xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your teddy is looking cute so far. Sorry to hear about the fish, hope the final one lasts until it is collected.

Leonore Winterer said...

I'm sorry to hear about your fish - just when they could have moved to a new home! Maybe the excitement was too much for them. Your teddy is coming along lovely, though!