Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Hospice Care

Yesterday I worked on Thankful. You may ask what is there to be thankful for ...a lot of things. First I am thankful for having been with the best man there is ( so I am biased) for 47 years, just celebrated in April. Thankful for the love and support of my friends and family during these past weeks. Thankful for the staff at Banner Boswell and the doctors who cared beyond their jobs for both of. I have found strength in all of this and for that I am thankful. Last evening, Mr H.... my Denny moved into Hospice care officially. Whatever his remaining time is, it will be with comfort and dignity and I will remain by his side. The Brother Alan arrived yesterday in time to assist me in this decision and to spend quiet moments with his "brother". I gave them the time and it was a touching private few minutes. Today we will visit with him in his new place and meet with the staff to discuss continued care. Once again I want to express how much your emails, posts, cards and comments have meant to me. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your friendship. The garden is watered, the Dove nest checked and the house plants watered....oh and the pond checked so I am good to go for the day. 

15 comments:

Norman Belanger said...

🦋

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

I am thankful that your brother is there with you. I am sending big hugs all round. love Lynda Ruth

Ann at Beadlework. said...

You will feel like you have two homes at the moment Grace, so much of your time will be spent with your husband. Remember to take care of yourself and to eat properly - it's so easy to not think about your own needs when your mind is so taken up with what is happening. I'm thinking of you both every day.

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

God will give you the strength you need to get through this. So glad Alan is there. You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

C Reeder PhxAz said...

The therapy of needle and thread meeting is very profound at the moment with these words. These pieces will forever be dear to you. Hospice is an incredible organization and I am so glad you have them to help you. Prayers are continuing.

Janice said...

Amen....there is always something to be thankful for. ...in all circumstances. Understanding it all is not for us to know. We don't have the mind of God but we do have His promises of our Heavenly home....which is far better than anything we can imagine here on Earth. I put a pic up on my friend's FB wall who's a Hospice nurse and it's a beautiful pic of puffy white clouds with a rich blue background and it says "I work in Heaven's waiting room...I'm a Hospice nurse"....♡ in my prayers Gracie ♡

Vickie said...

Thankful is perfect. I am glad you are "good to go"for today my friend. God bless you both. No, you three.

Chookyblue...... said...

its hard to see the good when its all bad but it is important as it helps to get your thru..........hugs

LeShawn said...

I just wanted to say my prayers are with you and your Denny. Sending prayers and love.

Shelly said...

How amazing the Affirmation Words have come to be. These will become pieces of remembrance for you and what you and your Denny have gone through in these last almost couple of weeks. Sounds like you are all in good hands with Hospice. Hugs to you all and continued thoughts and prayers headed down the interstate.

Julie said...

A (hug) coming over the ocean xxx

cucki said...

Big hugs for you x

Nataly K said...

Thinking of you during this difficult time.

Tiffstitch said...

I'd missed some updates and am so sorry this is what has come. It will be the best for Dennis, and I'm so glad Alan can be with you right now as well. Stay strong and get some rest.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Gracie, thoughts and prayers for you during this time. huggs