Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Where Do Keys Come From?

We were looking for Dennis's car keys and as Grace found them, there were several (6) keys on there, well one was identified and the other 5 are a mystery.

So we checked them again all known keys, no matches needless to say they did not fit any lock in this house.

So where do they come from, now this is a mystery that is not easily answered, imagine me walking into Hospice tomorrow morning and saying, "Dennis what are these keys for"? I think not, the conversations that I have left with him will not be about several pieces of brass that at the end of the day really don't matter. So where do these extra keys come from? Does anyone out there find keys that they do not need on their key rings? I don't know I only carry three keys myself, car and outside door and inside door. I am safe

Is this part of the same phenomenon as lost socks? Were do they end up who gets them and why don't I have them? I wish to know these things, I came out here to see the mystery of life and now I find myself looking for keys and socks. Hell I have the correct amount of socks that I packed, but will I leave with the same number? I can not know until I leave, it is perplexing. Are the socks in my drawer at home in pairs? Are there powers out there at work that I do not understand?

I know at the end of the day I can not truly understand the power of life and death, buy you think I can figure out the socks?

14 comments:

Debbie said...

It's the keys that cause the trouble! And don't think of throwing any keys away because the moment you do their purpose will come to light.

We still have a bag of stray keys...

Glad you're visiting Alan.

Hugs to all.

Julie said...

My father had an old biscuit tin full of keys. The most important key of course is that which opens your heart x

Vickie said...

I am the laundress in this household of 5 and I tell you I hear the lost sock thing once in a while from the other 4, but guess what?! In 25 years of marriage, mine have never gone missing. Now there is something to ponder!

I am so glad you are here Alan.

cucki said...

Life is so interesting
And I do love old stray keys ..I wonder which door they open
Sending you love x

gloria young said...

Grace....so hard to find the right words. I'm so sorry for what you are going through. Your name describes you so perfectly...you are a woman who shows much grace and love to others. You showed it to me my first day at JoAnns. I pray for peace and strength. I'm so glad your brother was able to come back to be with you and Mr. H. I also believe in angels and pray they surround all of you. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Sending hugs

Janice said...

I love that you find humor in every day things. That keeps balance. ...never lose that ♡
Hugs and kisses to you, Dennis and Alan.

Simple Pleasure said...

Wishing you peace and comfort... Keys...I have an old mason jar filled with keys...my son "collected" them as a youngster...will never part with these treasures!!!
Patricia

Mouse said...

love old keys ... we use them for decoration on smalls or other pieces or just hang them because ... sometimes I do have an idea what they were for ..old house's doors etc but others are a mystery too ... and odd socks are a mystery here too ... love mouse xxxxx

Brita said...

Yeah, there's a key lying on my desk right here and I have no idea what it opens! I dread throwing it away because the moment it's gone I will find whatever lock it opens without any means to open it.

But my washing machine never ate my socks. Wonder why.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Debbie is right, the mystery will only be solved the day after you throw them away.
Do they live in the String Drawer? Every house also has a drawer where all the miscellaneous pieces of string, elastic bands and random items live.
Glad that you are there to look after these mysteries for Gracie.

Janice said...

Alan that post was so stinkin funny. ...took me 2 x's to realize it was you writing this and not your sister....she always refers to her husband as Dennys too....hope all is going as well as to be expected and what a comfort you are to them both by being there....

Janice said...

*Denny

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

Some keys are always a mystery. And, lost socks drive me crazy. I always use a net bag, but sometimes they still disappear. They are a bit of a distraction for you and Gracie. Please give her a hug for me.

shirley flavell said...

Thinking of you Gracie and your dear ones.