Sunday, June 4, 2017

From Cowboy to Pool Boy

Hello, everyone who follows my sisters blog knows she can be a little, how shall I put it....eccentric? I say this to preface a short story I would like to pass on.  Like I said ecentric,some might say artsy, she is extremely talented just like other artists, writers or poets. Like the way she refers to me as The Brother Alan.  So for years every time she sends me a email the subject line always has been"Your Sister Calling", every time. So early last week I am working and see an email and in the subject line it says "From Dennis" well I open it and it is a short message....."the fish pond needs to be cleaned besides the weather is better out here". Great another family member who is cryptic, to begin with I tell Dennis all the time the 2 inch fish that he purchased years ago are 12 or more inches and more than once I have offered to cook them up for supper. So to say the least I deduced (like the word) like Sherlock Holmes that he would like me to come out so I book a flight. The reason I relate this is Grace mentioned that I will be arriving Tuesday morning. Evan though I am a Cowboy sometimes, I did not want everyone to think of me riding a white horse to the rescue, more like I read what I wanted to in an email.

I'll get to wear my Cowboy hat again, see the wildlife, wrangle some coyotes and spread my charm in the neighborhood. Oh I'll also see Dennis. Ill bring with me well wishes from everyone from RI and my charm, no doubt he is already regretting his message to me. It probably meant the fish are dirty and the weather is always better here! So everyone, thanks for stopping by.

12 comments:

Shelly said...

I think the message meant to read 'the fish pond needs to be cleaned besides the weather is HOTTER out here' ! Since your visit, it has gotten warmer. I live maybe two hours north from Gracie and Mr. H and it is definitely a lot warmer! I'm sure your presence will be a saving grace. I think Cowboy Fish Wrangler would look pretty good on a resume!

Vickie said...

I still think you are a great brother Alan! Praying for your safe flight.

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

So happy you're going to visit!!

Janice said...

It's nice to be wanted lol and you should consider a blog of your own as you have a dramatic flair too. Thanks for the update and for being there for them both. Family is always something that can be counted on.

Janice said...

I was going to add too that I think it's sweet that she refers to you in that way. We have a friend that every time he speaks of his son he calls him "the boy" lol

Janice said...

I was going to add too that I think it's sweet that she refers to you in that way. We have a friend that every time he speaks of his son he calls him "the boy" lol

Debbie said...

Safe travels to you. The family will be happy to see you....and it's fins up from the fish in the pond.

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Gracie will be glad to see you, I wish I had a brother as great as you are. Dennis will be greatful you came to give them a hand. Bless you. Big hugs from Lynda Ruth

butterfly said...


Have a good visit , hugs to you all.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I told her that this was a dramatic way to get you back to visit!
At least Mr H has his priorities right and is thinking of the fish.
Take care of Gracie for those of us who can't be close.

Julie said...

.....and you have arms that will hold your sister close and comfort and support her which is the best thing a brother can do when times are hard .... just ask my little brother who does that for me when he visits and doesn't realise the impact - even just to hear his voice gives me strength in a phone call.
xx

Chookyblue...... said...

that is so funny.....all the emails I get from Gracie say Gracie calling.........glad you are going to support the big sister and Dennis.......and get that pond sorted first thing.........travel safe although I think you could be there now or traveling as I type..........time zones confuse me..........