Monday, June 5, 2017

We're having a heat wave....

an Arizona heat wave....Were are in a Heat Advisory for this week and of course it is the week the air conditioner chose to fail and now this afternoon, a crew will be installing a new on. Right now we are at 86 and it may reach 107....can not even imagine being on the roof for 3 hours or more. I spoke with the IM yesterday...a very compassionate lady who does not want Dennis home until the house is safe...safe with air conditioning; so Tuesday will be the day. Yesterday was a very emotional day for both Denny and me. I tried to keep busy with my word for the day and did stitch Blessed.
It was the next word in the Affirmation Words project from Donna at By The Bay Needleart project. At first it was hard to think of why to stitch this word. Then I could find many reasons to feel blessed. So many who care enough to express their concern and love for us at this time. The phone call yesterday after messaging back and forth from "my cousin Frankie"...that is how Denny always refers to his cousin Frank back in RI. Frank just wanted to talk for a minute to Denny so I held the tablet ( I did not know we could talk over the tablet but that is for another day) and once hearing his voice it became apparent of the long distance affection these two men have for one another. Frank sent encouraging words.....When I could not hold it together after that' one of the RNs was there to give me a hug.....yes, we are blessed to have so many people caring for us. then later this arrived via email
niece Elyssa sent this Dragonfly...it is made with prints from Natalia's little feet.....and a letter accompanied it that will be very emotional for Denny...her Godfather. Both of these will become cherished items for many years to come. Indeed it was a very emotional day and I am blessed with so much during this difficult time. One more day and The Brother Alan will be here to help me get organized...I know, I am a very organized gal. Right now though I need some direction so the little big brother will help set things in motion. He will be here for the week. I made a nice cup of tea this morning to find that the milk was bad...I instead am having a tall glass of iced water which considering the heat today is a better idea...get hydrated and stay hydrated.  Have you tried the water drinks with veggies...like cucumber....I did, not bad. I think I will stick with lemon in my water. Oh wait, I do not have any lemons...guess it will be plain water today. So, on to the day with thank you to all of you my dear friends for the kind and encouraging words. Most of all thank you for your friendship. I will carry the loving thoughts form all of you today.

12 comments:

Vickie said...

I completely understand the decision for Dennis' delayed homecoming. So glad the A/C is on it's way for you!! I continue to be amazed at the appropriateness of Donna's affirmation words for you. Just perfect! Natalia's dragonfly is just the neatest thing. Precious! Big hugs and lots of love and prayers for you both. ♥

Vicki said...

I'm so glad the AC will be fixed today - this early heat spell is a scorcher. I'm also glad Alan will be here soon, it's always encouraging to have someone come alongside when we're facing challenges. Thinking of you and Denny today (every day), keeping the prayers going.

Brigitte said...

I'm sure it will do you good to have the brother Alan near you for a couple of days. And good to know that the AC will be fixed today.
And it's good to see how much love is pouring out onto you and Denny these days.
Thinking of you and Denny every day.

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

gracie send me some of your heat wave will you. I am sick of all this wet weather, it is not helping my bad shoulder any. Aches like crazy. I do hope Dennis is feeling better today. You will be glad to have your brother with you. big hugs and love Lynda Ruth

Janice said...

Good decision to stay one more day....bad air quality is not safe for anyone.
Love the sweet footprint dragonfly...a treasured keepsake for sure. Prayers continuing ♡

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Mr H should borrow one of the hospital's air con units, they seem to be working on full bore!

I love the dragonfly picture, what a sweet thing to do for you.

Julie said...

Natalia's dragonfly is adorable, a special gift love love to you both.
I hope the air con was sorted quickly and efficiently and all will be well for the homecoming of Mr H and the arrival of brother Alan,
much love x

Ann at Beadlework. said...

It's so good that your brother will be with you both very soon. It will be good for you to have someone support you at a time that all your support is going to hubby. I'm thinking of you both every day.

Annette-California said...

Glad your bother will be with you soon. Of course you want Mr. H to be comfortable and thank goodness they are willing to let him stay until you get the AC working at home. That is a HUGE Blessing. Gracie my heart goes out to you & Mr. H with my love & prayers. Annette

Ele said...

Thinking of you,
Lots of love

butterfly said...


Hope you soon get your Air condition working .
Just when you needed it. Sometimes we are so tested and your word strong comes out.
But yes you are blessed by family and friends .
Sending more hugs your way and xxxs

blue star stitcher said...

Oh, I hope you air conditioning is up and running by now. It's hard to sleep in a warm house in the middle of our summers. So glad to hear brother Alan is able to come back and help you both during this time. I like lemon water too, but anything else (like watermelon) grosses me out having stuff in my water.