Saturday, May 27, 2017

Day 8 and changes?

Hard to believe it has been one week since my world changed and our world got turned upside down. Denny did well after the chemo treatment and yesterday actually ate a little better. He is not a breakfast eater but now really needs to eat more. They suggest several...even every couple of hours to eat something and of course he must drink lots of liquids. The RN did a full assessment yesterday and he was given a great morning "wash up" by Daryrn...he was so kind and caring. After breakfast Denny walked 3 "laps" around the nursing center and then took a nap. Well, lets say spurt naps. They really are in to do this or that frequently. His left arm and hand are very swollen ( and still so very bruised) so much that we had to take his wedding band off and he felt bad about that. I got the ---do not loose it---be sure to put it safely away--- talk. I spoke with one of the councilors re: what to expect once home, finances, support system out of the hospital, food and germs. I keep notes and all the many piece of paper they hand me. Today may be discharge day. On my way home from the hospital I stopped at CVS to pick up my medication then off to Walmart. Did you know that some Walmart stores will be cutting back on certain products? It was then home to have something to eat. Last night was sanitize the bathroom that he will be using-- and only he will be able to use it. I picked up Clorox wipes to keep all around the house at their suggestion. Actually got a fairly decent sleep and now trying to get last minute things in order. As I look around I think we are set for him to be home. I have safety measures in place and a walker at the ready. Did I mention that we can not have flowers in the house? That bothers Denny a little as we always have flowers on the table and in the living room as well as all the beautiful plants he had ( yes had, as I managed to kill off a few) in the yard.  That will be the other change for him, no more yard work. He mentioned maybe we should get a puppy...he said for me. Have I mentioned that the Aquarium tenants left...down to one sole fish. He seems happy enough. Maybe a few of those floating glass fishes ...anyway, my wonderful friends, I am not going to finish my coffee and the washing machine has stopped so I will tend to that before getting off to see what the day holds. I feel your hugs and Dennis is so appreciative of all your kind words. I did finish another Affirmation Word but no picture yet. 

10 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

I hope all goes well when Dennis gets home. He will feel more relaxed once he's back in his own bed and resting. I do hope he can be in his own bed. We are all praying for him and you so take care, thanks for all the up dates on his progress. I am sending you the biggest hugs and love to both. Wish I lived closer, I would come and help you. Take care love Lynda Ruth

Debbie said...

Being home will be much better for both of you. Any changes at home, well it's just stuff.
Gracie since flowers are out think about something tatted, crocheted or?? Lots of options to discover.
Stores here are doing the same thing, some products are just gone.

Just take it one step at a time.

take care

charis Anna's mum said...

I have followed your blog for a while and am so sorry to hear about your husbands illness. It is so frightening to have to face such a diagnosis and you must feel helpless at times. Try and take all the help that is offered and ask sometimes if it isn't offered! I know that nothing anyone can say will make it all better, but wanted to let you know that you are both in my thoughts.

Carolyn said...

My husband was on home dialysis and we also had to sanitize, have no plants, etc. I purchased all needed sanitizing stuff on Amazon--it was cheaper and easier, no running to the store! Just a helpful hint! You are both in my thoughts and prayers,

Vickie said...

How relieved Dennis will be to get home. You are both in my prayers.♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It sounds like the hospital are being very helpful in letting you know what you'll need at home. I am so pleased he will be able to come home, it should make him feel more comfortable and relaxed. No-one sleeps well in a hospital!

Annette-California said...

Dear sweet Gracie! I've just learned about Me. H from going back and reading your posts. You were on my mind today and I thought I need to see what you've been up to. My heart goes out to Mr.H & you. Praying for you both. Hugs to you Gracie!
love Annette

KimM said...

Good morning, Grace. I hope Mr. H was able to come home and you both got some good rest. I'm reading your posts each and every day. Sending more prayers and hugs your way.
xxxx

Julie said...

Nothing like being in your own bed and having your own things around you for peace of mind and restfulness.
{{hugs}} xx

Lelia said...

sounds like everything is ready for him at home. hugs