Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Day 6 on day 6

 It has been an overwhelming day.  Denny called them, " a gang of people". Seems today was the day for all to want to stop in and talk. Oncology Doctor, Oncology Nurse, Cancer Society Navigator, and the IM Doctor....everyone had initials and something to say. Navigator, that was a new title to me. They direct you to the right path or person or agency...okay. The word cancer was said often we found out more about this illness that is taking a toll on my Denny. He finally asked if the chemo was going to fix this ( as in cure) and the doctor quietly said no. After everyone left Denny looked almost defeated and turned to me to say he was nervous and worried about me. How would I manage financially...how this and that. I asked him not to think or worry about that.  Finally it was decided to start chemo tomorrow ( Thursday ) and so up to the Oncology unit from the Cardiac unit he was going. I just got used to remembering he was even on the Cardiac unit. So, after dinner which the doctor finally consented to change to a regular diet, transport was arranged. Craig arrived to find Denny with severe dry heaves and not feeling very well at all. He patiently waited then took us upstairs. They greeted us and I explained that he was not doing well and he  (on cue ) started to dry heave again. Finally he seemed to settle and they came in to do the admissions to the floor. I brought to the RN's attention the rash that now is spreading and very red. Friends, I must say he is not looking well at all. I hated to leave him but I desperately needed to come home to settle myself and let him rest. I really feel scared and I know he is too. His T Cell Lymphoma is Stage 4 and we still await the tests complete results. Tonight sleep will not come easy if at all. My mind and heart are in overload. I know I can count on you to think of us and keep us in your prayers. Maybe, just maybe things will be okay tomorrow........goodnight........

22 comments:

Unknown said...

My thoughts & prayers are with you & Mr H. I hope you can sleep tonight and wake refreshed. I wish there were something I could do be to ease this trial but I will surely pray.
Blessings,
Baa (in Fl)

Lee said...

I wanted to write more but am away from home and my iPad does not appear to have your email address my thoughts and prayers are with you both I know taking one day at a time is hard but get some rest and Find some extra strength for tomorrow

Chookyblue...... said...

I wished I was there to give you a big hug..........and I wished I could say all will be well but it won't.......make sure you eat well.......and sleep too........learn how to do 10mins power naps.........

butterfly said...


Hold in there gracie we are here for you, and you will remain in our prayers.
I have a lady in my club who as been really poorly but she is ok now and back at club . Her cancer is still there but they are keeping it steady , she is such a positive person and , and is looking very good .
She has good and bad days but mostly good and every year she seems to be getting better .
Always have faith .

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Oh Grace, I feel for you and for your husband having to go through this. It's so hard on both of you in very different ways. I wish I could say something that would help but the only thing you can do just now is get through each day and hope. Hope is the best thing - I know that I've lived the last two years hoping every day and trying to have faith. I've been thinking of you both.

muskaan said...

((((((Hugs)))))))))

Irene said...

io ci sono e prego per voi anche da lontano. Coraggio

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Oh Grace, this is so scary for you and Mr H, I am so sorry you are having to deal with it all. Just hold on tight and know we are all thinking of you both. Irene xx

Janice said...

Gracie God is more powerful than the Drs. so never lose hope. This is treatable and praying this is just a time, a season, and he will have quality of life once again. It's scary and I'm sure it's overwhelming for you both. Probably why he was having dry heaves. ....deep breaths and know we are all with you in spirit as you go about your day.

Debbie said...

We're all here for you Gracie and for Mr. H.

Yesterday most certainly was information overload and definitely was overwhelming.

Today is a new day. Find strength in your love.

Hugs



Julie said...

You are both in my thoughts and prayers Gracie.
{{hugest of hugs}}

blue star stitcher said...

Hopefully a good nights rest will help your mind be a little clearer, all of this must be so overwhelming for you both. Remember to take care of yourself so you can be there for him. There is probably no words that can make any of this any easier to bear, but know there are so many people sending you prayers and good thoughts right now.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Sorry Gracie. There is a series out called the Truth about cancer by Ty Bollinger. You can find it on Youtube. I pass it along to everyone i know. You will be surprised what you learn. My prayers are sent your way. Huggs

KimM said...

Dearest Grace, My heart, thoughts and prayers are with you and Mr. H. Sending cyber hugs and many, many prayers. We are all here for you.
xxx

Vickie said...

Gracie I am wrapping you and Dennis in love and prayers.♥

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

My prayers are with you both. Big hugs love

Shelly said...

Gracie, I am still thinking and praying for you two. The only thing I could possibly say is take one day at a time. Don't think about what the future holds, the future will take care of itself. I haven't been in your shoes as a spouse, but I was as a daughter and it is overwhelming to say the least when the C word is brought up again and again. One day at a time. Take care of yourself.

cucki said...

You both are in my thoughts and prayers
Sending you big Beary hugs and love xxx

Joanie said...

Dear Grace, Remember that God is bigger than the illness and He is in control. And He provides enough for the day so please don't worry about tomorrow. All of it's overwhelming but please take it one day at a time. Try to get some rest, even if it's a nap. You're a strong person and many people are praying for you and your Denny.
God bless you!

Joanie

Simple Pleasure said...

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and Dennis...a favorite quote from dear Winnie the Pooh has been playing in my head all morning...Always remember you are BRAVER than you believe, STRONGER than you seem and SMARTER than you think!
Warm regards,
Patricia

Carolyn said...

Dear Friend, I'm not a blogger, but follow you and I want you to know you are in my thoughts and prayers daily, I pray God will give you the strength for whatever lies ahead. Please know there are MANY upholding you.
Much love, Carolyn
Carolyn_jim@comcast.net

CalamityJr said...

You and Mr H remain in my prayers. I hope you feel the hugs you're receiving from all around the world. Even though we've not right across the street, we're definitely there with you.