Saturday, December 10, 2016

Tat tat tat

I am so happy that I am able to return to tatting! A year ago I stopped due to my hand issue, but as soon as I tried I surprised myself that I remembered all that I learned a short time ago. Problem is I am absolutely addicted to these

Ice Drops.....thank you very much to a fantastic gal, Diane Green Cadematori and her great tutorial. You just can not tat one! I am not sure where they are all going to go.
Here is one done with gold beads on the outside and I just started one with red beads and I have some blue beads and, well you can guess where this is going! Fun to make. they measure just over an inch from one picot to another.
Plain or fancy they look sweet on the tree. So far I have only use "clear" gems in the center....until I find some colored ones.
Now, some people have the Shelf Elf around Christmas...
I have The Grinch watching over me at the computer desk. He has been with me for maybe since 1999. I also have the larger one who is sitting in the living room and remember the bulb ornament? well I also have a gourd that Mr H painted...will have to show those to you another day soon. It is almost nine AM and since I have been awake since 2 AM, I figure it will be a long day. I do have plans to finish my Dresden wreath wall hanging this morning and of course those  multiplying Ice Drops. I have already had a friend ask for one so that my house will not have an avalanche of them! My pleasure to share them! Thank you for stopping by and for your friendship and kind words......enjoy your day.

12 comments:

Lelia said...

Diane started a winter trend! Yours look GREAT. I have not tried to make them, just yet.

Winter weather (storm) looms - gotta get some chores and errands completed while roads are clear

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your tatting is lovely.
2am is only supposed to be seen at the end of the day, not the beginning! Hope you sleep well tonight.

Chookyblue...... said...

I am so pleased you are able to tat again......this ornament is so cute.......well done.....

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful ornaments! And love your Grinch. I'm hoping to introduce DD to The Grinch this year.

Vickie said...

Lovely work Gracie. I always worried over the Grinch's dog Max as a little girl. ;) I had a soft spot for dogs since....ALWAYS!

Karen said...

Your tatting is lovely!

Bea said...

The Ice Drops are lovely and such a good idea to make them with different coloured beads. You may have to have an Ice Drop tree! Love your Grinch!

Ninetta said...

Lovely tatting Gracie, I'm so glad for you that you can tat again

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I followed the links, Gracie! I'm so happy that you are tatting again! Once I reached your blog, I knew that I had been here before. Don't tat too much... I wouldn't want you to hurt your hand again!

butterfly said...

Love your tatting so pretty.
Hope you can keep tatting now and your arm and hand get better.

Julie said...

Beautiful tatting, so pretty.

Brigitte said...

These tatted Ice Drops are fantastic. So good for you that you could get back to tatting.