Friday, December 9, 2016

Ornaments on the tree day 4

Yesterday was I joined the Thursday needlework ladies. We are all working on different things, all with a needle of sorts. I am still new to the group but I am enjoying these new friends. The afternoon was running a few errands and while out I stopped at Pier 1 and of course just had to pick up a few new ornaments.... I will get to show you sooner or later but for now....
love this old type ornament. So fragile. It is one of a dozen that was given to me by my Aunt Angie who passed away many years ago. Of course through the years some have broken so now I am even more careful with the few that are left. I love the indented centers....
here is another.  They are so unique...

this one always makes me thing of flowers with it's bright fuchsia center.
Here is one from my first tree 46 years ago
Not many of them left either. But, between my very old ones and hers there is a dozen.... enough for nice memories. There were a few of my very old ones that had to be discarded...what ever the make up of them, they were badly tarnished and di  not seem safe to handle.. The quality now is much sturdier and the finishes last. Looking at Aunt Angie's always brings back childhood memories and not all from Christmas...nice memories. She was one of a kind. My tree is very eclectic....some old, some new and some made. The other 2 trees remain themed. Mr H and I are at a comfortable place in our lives.... good day and off days for him, but all in all we are enjoying another Christmas, this is our 46th Christmas and boy have the times changed. Dealing with changes is how we grow. Learning to accept some changes is what we have done to get to where we are now..... a good place in our lives. I can smell my first fresh brewed cup of coffee so with that I say thank you for your friendship and kind words and I hope you have a great day.

8 comments:

Vickie said...

Good Morning Gracie! I have all of these old ornaments also passed to me from my mom, they were my Grandma's.
I am now at the place of trying to learn to accept the changes in my life that are not pleasant.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am sure my parents have the same ornie in your first picture! I don't know if they bought it in England or in Singapore (which could mean it was a US import). It is definitely over 40 years old, possible 50!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

That is what the beauty of a Christmas tree is to me too Gracie...memories of Christmases past by holding a certain object in your hands and then hanging it on your tree. I so enjoyed reading this post!
Thank you!

Bea said...

I remember that style of ornament on my parents' tree. Sadly, too many moves have broken them, but the memories return every year as I put up my own tree.

Sandra Kaye said...

Beautiful ornaments...and beautiful love story. I miss Arizona and it's amazing sunsets.

Chookyblue...... said...

I do love your ornaments and wow beautiful christmas trees.......(catching up on a few posts here)

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful ornaments! And so nice they've lasted so long.

Julie said...

The vintage ornaments are so precious, my family had some that resemble those.