Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Ornaments on the tree day 2

Oh my I am posting late today! This morning was busy.... out of the house. Then Mr H called to tell me we needed bread and milk. Now, that is a winter back East request when the snow is arriving and we do not have that white stuff here in The Valley of the Sun Arizona! Seems we are always needing milk and bread. Anyway, today I want to share light bulbs. No, not the kind to light up, the ones on my tree.
Mr H painted this back in the 90s.... his beard is painted with textured snow paint....I just adore him. While he was in a painting mood that year....
the Grinch came to stay not only on our tree, but several other houses. Everyone loved him and so they got one and some even asked for
yup, the Cat in the Hat. These remain a few of my favorites because my guy made them for me. I just asked and he painted. This year I mention about painting a bulb and he just looked at me so I guess that means not happening. While we are talking old stuff how about

my disco ball. I really did not like the disco music but certainly love the sparkle of the disco ball. I have a large one just out the kitchen window in the yard and when the sun hits it, there are "parkles" everywhere, outside and in the kitchen. Fun, simple fun. I will try to get a picture of the sun parkles for you...today is a partly cloudy day, so maybe soon. I do not know why but December which is just starting seems to be moving along too quickly. I think it is because I have a few project to get done and the fairies are just rushing me. Must remind myself to take a deep breath and then remember to exhale. Did I mention I started tatting again? Yes, after a year of not picking up a shuttle, I tried and wait until I show you what I am making. My practice piece came out pretty good. One of my friends remarked today..."oh, people will want one for their tree..." Anyway, hope you are enjoying day 2 and tomorrow, we shall see. Thank you for your friendship and kind words....have a great evening...not signed off with that before! but here it is 4:30 PM...a late post for sure.

7 comments:

Bea said...

LOVE your light bulbs - I can see why they were popular. But that's the joy of handcrafted gifts, right? Not only do we have the creation, but the memory of the maker.

Astrids dragon said...

He did a great job on the light bulbs, what treasures! I think we have a disco ball somewhere, but it never seems to make it on the tree.

Shelly said...

Yes, December is going by way too fast! Love your bulb ornaments, especially the Grinch. Which reminds me I really need to watch the Grinch, the old one with Boris Karloff's voice!

Julie said...

Your bulb finishes are adorable, well done Mr H a talented gardener and painter too....

Vickie said...

Love Mr. H's light bulbs! We have a disco ball!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those bulbs are so much fun! I love the glitter ball too.

Kaisievic said...

Those light bulbs are amazing - Mr H did a great job!