Sunday, December 4, 2016

The trees are decorated

All 3 trees are looking pretty...
This pencil style tree is in the kitchen and has a Southwest theme. This year the beaded Santa and the crocheted dream catcher were added. Each year I try to add something homemade. There is usually a wreath at the bottom but it is someplace else this year....so I will be looking to add there. I finally got my bedroom tree settled in...
this is my Kurczap tree of Ana Lee....My dear friends Lucille
( Lu )and Stan back in Rhode Island started to send me Ana Lee ornaments each year and this is where they are. Some stand on the table while others hang in the tree. Oh I love my fancy ornaments and it is a constant reminder of our long and continued friendship. Lu manages to find a new one each year. I in turn send a Southwest ornament and so far I manage to find different ones.  Of course the main tree in the living room ....
front view...can't seem to get it without a bit of blur! This is a new tree this year. The other was fine and lights still all working, but after 10 years it was time to replace. Placed in front of the floor windows, is looks so nice from outside...will have to get a picture of that.

this is from the right side of the tree....and then from the left...
I am pleased with the tree this year. During the week I will post some close-up of ornaments. Some I have had a long time. I will admit that when we moved from RI to here in AZ and lived in a small apartment, this was also a place where I downsized. We went from a very large 8 foot real tree each year to a 3 1/2 foot  table top! No room for all that I had. The left behind ornaments went to good homes. In a way it was nice starting new as we were starting a new life 3,000 miles away. I feel the need for a cup of coffee...so with that I will say thank you visiting with me today. Thank you for your kind words and friendship, have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

Ele said...

What a sweet post! Love your Christmas trees

Ann at Beadlework. said...

All three look very good, enjoy them Grace.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous trees. We are lucky that we now have room for a real one after years of fake.
Looking forward to seeing close-ups of the ornies next.

Bea said...

Beautiful trees! I only have a small one (too small for cats to climb) so I thoroughly enjoy your pictures.

sana said...

Very beautiful and gorgeous trees. I'm looking forward to a picture of the close-up.

Julie said...

Fabulous trees you have on show.