Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Officially count down for Christmas

Today is the last day of November so it is my official start to the Christmas festivities. This is the first year that I started to pull out the decorations before December 1st. It all started with my wanting to change The Village location and my need for the piece of wood. Once that was ready it seemed as good a time as any to bring out The Village. After that, well it just happened. I think there is not much left of our tour....

The Village Tree.....it stands about 14 inches high and has it's own lights. I always gave it center stage until the gazeebo arrived then it became the backdrop for that. Certainly makes it feel like a real town square. Even in the daytime it looks special. So far it has been lite up for about 20 years. I would have it re-wired when the lights fail.  I thought showing The Village all lite would be nice, but someone suggested that I also show it in daylight. So,
here it is .
I do not want to bore you with The Village, but I also took pictures of individual areas so that I can compare next year for set-up. It spans 36 inches across and 18 deep with the little 2 inch rise in the back. Who knows, next year maybe Mr H will make me a small board to raise the Garden Shop up a notch!

Here is a day picture of the items on the mantle.
Each day more of the decorations start to appear. Later today I may even get the tree in the kitchen set up. I enjoy taking my time getting it all out of the boxes and each item has it's own story for me. The violin for example. There was a great store in our area  (back in Rhode Island)  and they were closing and selling everything at fantastic prices. I sked the manager if he would sell me this violin from their display and I got it for $5.00. I replaced the ribbon and voila. That about covers decorations .....at least for now.  My special stitchery is coming along and one of my ideas just may work out. We are still in a winter temp but I am still not into wearing socks yet! I Time to get organized for the day....hope your day is great. Thank you for your friendship and kind words my dear friends.

8 comments:

butterfly said...

Love your village, and what a lovely tree .
I think I will get my bits out the weekend.

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful village!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's far too early for me to think about decorations yet! I only just remembered to get my son's Advent Calendar out today!
I am enjoying seeing your's though.

Vickie said...

We have our Nativity out front of our home. That is as far as we get this early. I am enjoying your decorations my friend.

Bea said...

Love the decorations you have out so far. Mine will probably go up the weekend of the 9th to 11th.

Julie said...

I've told DH that he needs to get our boxes out of the attic so we can decorate this weekend.

shirley flavell said...

Love your village and the little Christmas tree.Have started decorating a little as well.Temps are warming up here in N.Z.Hope you have a great week Gracie.

Astrids dragon said...

Your village looks wonderful! I still have to set mine up, hopefully tomorrow.