Sunday, November 27, 2016

The turtle box

Not too long ago, I posted about a project that I could not show....well it arrived so I can show you. But first, about the young lady who received it. Her name is Tonya and she is my niece. She is the one person who is responsible for my meeting and falling instantly in love with my Mr H, Dennis! That would be another story..... anyway, Tonya saw my bee box and mentioned she would love me to make her something and she loves turtles...




using some felt and the DMC sew able cork, I made this guy. He is sitting on gravel and inside
is a little clay turtle whistle and a note about the meaning of turtles in Indian folklore. There is also a turtle charm. Now, in a surprise move, this holiday weekend, Tonya got married! She and Tony have been dating for some time.
This picture was taken a time ago, but she never ages! Tonya is and always will be a special person in my life....I will take pictures from her baby time and growing up time and look at them with loving memories. Recalling the time with love in my heart. I hope she will always think of me in that way. This is how she announced her surprise to all...
Look at the happiness that beams from her....I am proud of the lady she is and feel so happy that she is happy in love. I wish I could just grab her and squeeze her.
This post today was going to be about the Village...so maybe I will get to it.
I keep finagling with it....there is "snow " and glitter constantly on the rug. You know it will never be just right. Since we are on the subject of love, and not to sound mushy.......here is a piece that I call The Graz and Denny
Sitting on a park bench in a snuggle! My favorite piece in the village.  Last year I added the street corner lamp post...
It is just at the far right of the village. There is a horse draw wagon to the right of it with a tree in the back and children playing in the snow in front of it. I have just a couple more to share but it will have to be next post. So happy to have you visit and hear about my Tonya! *****she will always be my Tonya ***** Thank you for your friendship and kind words...Have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations to your niece. A wedding turtle makes an interesting gift! Even if it was a surprise wedding.

Love all the little scenes in the Christmas Village.

Vickie said...

Congratulations to Tonya!! Love The Graz and Denny. :D

Bea said...

Congratulations to your niece! I'm sure she loved her box.

Love your village scenes.

butterfly said...

Congrats to your family , love the box you made for them hugs.