Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Change in plans

First I should admit that I wrote down the wrong appointment time for Mr H and the doctors office called looking for us. Luckily the office is 5 minutes away so off we went. I got myself settled in the comfy rocking recliner to stitch and then out came Mr H from the treatment room...no injection on this day, he will wait about a week or so. So home we came. today in the next tour of The Village ...
This is Mr H's place, the Garden Shop. I love the greenhouse....there are plants and such inside. It always is on the right hand side of the set-up. This year with the 2 inch rise in the back, it has a nice look. I wanted to add a few small bushes to the front....still time to do so. In the center of the village is the gazeebo....
I took this with the flash so you could see Santa nd the photographer better. On the right is what I call the Mayor giving directions! It is my story so I can tell it my way, yes? When we were still in RI I had a huge set up.....a boat house with "water" and fisherman, a large church and a few other buildings. Knowing we were going to be in an apartment complex (limited storage), and not knowing we would later buy a home, I did not take those as well as many other things. A couple of years ago we did add the Sweet Shoppe
Of course I have close to my knit shop for that quick snack! The sign on the left says fudge....but my potato fudge is much better. that is the baker in the open front of the Shoppe. Although the buildings are always in the same spot, the surrounding trees and people move a little. I also add some rocks that appear to be boulders here and there. I took them from our property back in RI to have a bit of that home with me. I enjoy having my village. We are still in a cool temp and guess this is really winter now. I am still barefoot in the house and my pants are "cargo" type, cropped below the knee but not to the ankle! That will not happen until January. Well my friends, I really need to get back to my special project if it is to get to RI before Christmas. Thank you for your friendship and kind words. Have a great day.

6 comments:

Bea said...

It really is an enchanted village. Love your buildings - all the detail! - and the people nd other extras that add such a wonderful touch.

butterfly said...


Love he village it looks so real .

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm really enjoying our little tour. The Greenhouse is lovely but the Sweet Shop is my favourite today!

Brigitte said...

I love your village tours ...

Julie said...

The Garden Shop is adorable with the greenhouse on it.

Kathy GH said...

Hello, I just discovered your blog after hopping around. A delightful find, and enjoy seeing bigger photos of your village. I am trying to figure out where to put mine! I grew up in RI, where did you live? Happy saturday to you