Friday, November 25, 2016

Getting ready for Christmas

The Village is ready...well, I still want to pick up a couple of things to add....
In the past I set it up on the mantle...limited space there. This year Mr H cut me a piece of wood to extend front and sides of a table we have in the living room.  Now it has room to spread. I will not bore you with too many pictures today of it, just a couple and then with the next few posts I will continue...okay?
Santa is hung above the table. A bit of greenery above and I like the look. The dish-racks are there all the time . I hope to find Christmas dishes to change for the holiday. 
The last for today, looking from one of the left corner spot...The back of the display is raised about 2 inches to give a dimension to the village. I finally mounted the Punch Needle piece onto a piece of wood
This is a design from Yvonne Buus called Mistletoe. I had the words "Moments to Treasure" from scrapbooking and they describe my thoughts. They appear very light in this picture but they show up in person better...but still they are subtle. Mr H and I no longer walk in the cold winter snow, but we still walk holding hands. Just in time fro winter....although it will remain up all the time. First I need to find a place to display it.  We had a lovely quiet Thanksgiving dinner, listened to smooth jazz during dinner, watched some football and just relaxed. I do not participate in Black Friday shopping, never have. The week before Christmas a couple of years ago while checking out Best Buy Black Friday items before the day, a sales person told us the prices were already set and we bought the TV for the big sale price the week of! No crowds.  I know some of you just enjoy the hustle of it all and do get some great deals. Today you will not find me at any of the big stores. As a matter of fact, I hope to remain home and stitch. Well, that is about it for today. Stop by tomorrow for village tour #2. Always a pleasure to visit with you.Thank you for your friendship and kind words, have a great day.

14 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The dreaded word Christmas! It's truly here once again Grace:-)

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Your village is beautiful

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your village is lovely. Santa looks great on the wall. Of course, if you took the plates down you could put more framed cross stitch on that racks! That's what I use mine for.

Vickie said...

Oh Santa looks fantastic! So does your Moments to Treasure finish and your Village.

Shelly said...

The Village is gorgeous. One day I will have my own village! Have a nice weekend.

Marilyn said...

What a great village scene.
Marilyn

Julie said...

Your village looks so beautiful, I'm looking forward to seeing it in more close up detail.

KimM said...

You have set the bar for Christmas decorations, Grace! I need to get on the stick.....
xxx

Angela P said...

The village is lovely as is the Santa hanging above it :)

Cindy's Stitching said...

Love the Christmas season. Everything looks great.

jocondine said...

Thanks for sharing your pics, I love those Christmas villages, can't wait for next post with closer photos! For several years we used to have a little display near the fireplace with a house bought in Germany and some trees and snow landscape, but we saw last sunday in a shop a church with led lights which looked great and I received it this afternoon, so tomorrow we'll have to begin the Xmas house decorations! A great joy and a special thought for you! xxx

shirley flavell said...

I love your Christmas village, it looks beautiful as does the punchneedle stitchery, it has been finished off beautifully Grace. The Santa crosstitch is also beautiful.I see we have this Black Friday shopping started in N.Z what is it exactly. My DH and I were talking about it the other evening. Is it to do with the Market crash years ago?

Bea said...

Love the village - reminds me of one my aunt used to do on her mantle piece.

butterfly said...

Love the Christmas village , and your decorations are wonderful .