Monday, August 11, 2014

Slow start to my day

Oh I know, it's Monday what do you expect. I slept well, had some toast with my coffee, feel warm even thought the air conditioner is on. The day of the week is not the issue, it is just me.....slow and lazy.... kind of like the mail lately. Some things arrive before you can blink and then other items take forever. The Postal clerk told me it is that our mail delivery system is so good that when I send to other counties, it gets there fast. When other countries send to us, they are slow. Well, that is not exactly true. I have received mail from far away places rather quickly at times. There are some things that will never change and the mail delivery is one of them. One day my mail delivery is in the morning and then another day late in the day. They tell me it depends on who is on the truck?! And how about that mail person who dumped all her mail deliveries in the dumpster last week? Let's not go there! I have been stitching.....on Elizabeth I have her outside border complete; on my strawberry pin cushion, I started a second one on the same linen piece; and I have been doing  I do not know what else. My last post about cording seemed to gather comments. My advice is to leave that mixer right where it is. My poor finger is still very sore. I have made a few more because I need them soon by hand because the tool did not arrive yet...there again is the mail issue. We had some excitement on Friday afternoon....
 no, I did not hose down the yard...it rained for about ten minutes!
Look closely and you can see the steady drizzle falling. As soon as it stopped raining, the sun came out and everything was back to normal.....dry and hot. We sat out on the lanai while it rained.... entertainment.
I think that about covers it for today...blah blah blah feeling..... think I shall visit with some of you for inspiration. Glad you did stop by today. Have a great day.....

7 comments:

Annie said...

Hello

I found your lovely blog through Justine's.
I know what you mean about the post.
We used to get two daily deliveries but now it's down to one and sometimes doesn't come until late afternoon! I'm in England btw.
It's freezing here now, with wind and rain. I fear that this may signal the end of our summer.
Your blog is full of lovely work.

Julie said...

Here's a (hug) Gracie, I hope your Monday feeling subsides as the day goes on. I'll send you some of our rain, we have more than enough with the tail end of a hurricane spoiling the summer sunshiney days.

stitchersanon said...

Sending a hug. I think perhaps we wont go the postal route. I never post anything now unless it is registered and that puts the cost up even more!

Heather said...

I've found that when I mail things to the US they get there quickly, but when people mail things up here to me to takes for ever. Ugh. Maybe it is customs that holds everything up.

shirley flavell said...

Hello Gracie, I s'pose that little bit of rain made it steamy. Here in N.Z. is cold but definite signs of Spring has started. It usually brings strongish winds. The blossom trees are starting to blossom and the lovely Tui birds are coming for the nectar. I love hearing them.Mail can be awfully slow here as well, I believe the mail may now only be delivered 3 times per week.Saving costs!! Don't know if it is going to happen yet, talking about it.Shirley N.Z.

cucki said...

ooo i love rain so much..i wish for a rainy day here..here its sunny but a very sweet day..
hugs x

Pam in IL said...

We've not had any rain here either, but all the areas around us have had heavy downpours, while we don't even get a drop. We have a new mail person and she said she can do what she wants and if she deems an item is addressed improperly, she can just throw it away. She drives me crazy!

Happy Tuesday!