Saturday, August 16, 2014

A bloom for Elizabeth

Spent time stitching yesterday.....
more to go, but so far so good. This is the piece of 28 ct that I dyed and I am pleased with the stitching on it. Even though I bought this design because I liked it, I wasn't sure I would like to stitch in one color especially white. We get into the track of doing the same type of stitching sometimes and never try anything else. Glad Mr H saw this at The Attic on display. Oh I must tell you....Vicki left a comment and thought from my posting about The Attic and reading that I lived in Arizona.... well one email led to another and we live about 5 minutes from one another! A small world after all! She shops at Jo Ann's (doesn't everyone) and thought my photo of me on the blog looked familiar.....hope her next visit to JAS I am there so we can really say hello. I love our blog friendships. I also spent time with Elizabeth....

bloom and leaves.... I plan.... key word plan, to continue working the design on each row as I go along. There is the thistle and small border and the bloom row. Most of you would probably do one row at a time, right? I just want to see it come alive as I go. Also, it will hopefully allow for accuracy in counting. At this point I have stitched with all the colors...looking mighty pretty. Again, I am in no hurry to stitch this. Actually I am never in a rush with my stitching. I enjoy the projects too much to rush with them. I have been thinking about which ornaments for Christmas I want to stitch. That in itself is pleasant, spending time going over each Christmas magazine in my files..... changing my mind each time. Isn't that what we do?! It is hard sometimes to think about Christmas stitching when the temps are in the triple digits. I really do not do much Halloween/Fall designs unless it is or an exchange. Is anyone interested in doing a Halloween exchange? You know, Trick and Treat. Well, my friends it is time to have that second cup of coffee and bring in the newspaper. So glad we had time to visit. Thank you for stopping by. Oh remember the note? still have no clue! Have a good day.

12 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely work gracie . Enjoy your day.

Shelly said...

The stitching for Eizabeth is looking great and so are the colors. Do you doodle when you're on the phone? Maybe thats how your note came to be. When I'm on the phone with pen and paper handy, as I'm talking, I'll write down words from the conversation! I'm weird that way! Lol. I also draw flowers. Hehe. Have a great Saturday, Gracie!

KimM said...

Your stitching is so pretty. Have a lovely weekend,
hugs
xxx

Vickie said...

I think that combo for Amazing Grace looks fantastic!
So neat to get to meet each other. I follow both your blogs. :)

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching...
Sweet hugs and love xxx

shirley flavell said...

It will be fun to watch how your stitchery grows. You certainly achieve a lot. A bit frightening how fast Xmas thoughts have come around. This year has gone by so fast.I think our minds are working all the time with thoughts and ideas we tend to write something down in shorthand which mean't a lot at the time but heavens knows what it is related to some time down the track. If it's important it may "pop" back into your mind Grace.Take care, hugs Shirley N.Z.

Heather S said...

Beautiful work Gracie.

Sally said...

Beautiful stitching Gracie.

Anne said...

Love your new fabric dyeing ventures!! The colour is so pretty and really makes the white pop! Love the Elizabeth doll you are making! It is nice to run into our bloggy friends :D

stitchersanon said...

Gorgeous work and how cool to find a stitchy buddy so close by!

Julie said...

Beautiful little x's you've been adding to your projects.
How lovely to find a new friend you can share your hobby with.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love your Grace, it looks rather like writing on a chalkboard.

How lovely to find a nearby stitcher too. It must be lovely to have stitching friends close by.