Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Rainy day

Another wind, thunder , rain and lightening evening (last ) and the drizzle continues today. Perfect weather for stitching.....
The temps have cooled down so it really is nice out even without the hot sun. I remembered to pick up the needed floss yesterday so I can get the strawberry finished today. It seems Jo Ann's is not carrying emery sand anymore...who knew?! So, I will finish it with just the usual stuffing.... no big deal. Wait a minute, be right back....hearing the sounds of doors closing.....
Had to say goodbye to our next door neighbor Louise...she is leaving today for a few weeks much needed rest with her daughter. Lovely lady.....
Anyway, I have only a couple of rows left and then a coffee bath awaits for one of them. This will be the first time I dye after I stitched. We shall see how it turns out. I thought trying it on a small work is better than a big piece. Time to get back to the strawberry....glad we visited today. Seems I have a few new friends here...welcome. The numbers go up/down and not everyone has the reply on for their emails. Hope you all have a grand day.

7 comments:

butterfly said...

Can't wait to see your dye on your stitching.
We are having showers and sunshine here .
Nice change from the hot days.
Wishing you a lovely week.

Annie said...

Hello Gracie

I'm keen to see your dyed piece of stitching, it sounds look a very good idea.
It's much cooler in NE England today but no showers yet. Like you I'm enjoying the cooler weather.
Happy stitching (:

Pam in IL said...

I've not dyed any piece I've stitched or fabric before I've stitched on it. I'll be interested to see how yours turns out. I use crushed walnut shells instead of emery. My only concern about the crushed walnut shells is what affect it will cause someone with a nut allergy. No one seems to have an answer about allergic reactions.

Anthea said...

Hi Gracie - just popping by to see how you are going - I hope your dying goes well, it sounds like an interesting process, I hope you will show us how it looks when it's all done! x

Ele said...

Look forward to see your creation. I will try the coffee dye too over the weekend. Finger crossed! :)

cucki said...

Looking forward to see your sweet creation ..I once tea dyed and it was ok :)
Sweet hugs xx

Julie said...

I'm interested to see your 'dyeing after stitching' project, there's always something lovely for me to see when I visit with you Gracie.
Have a lovely day.