Thursday, August 14, 2014

Strawberries complete

I really did intend to coffee dye only one of the strawberries..... but I liked the one I did so I did the other too....
I fussed with this and that but in the end, I went with my first plan. I also dipped the cords and the caps. It is so hard to see, but one of them is a little darker than the other. If you look at the picture with the floss, it may be possible to see the difference in the brightness of the colors. I may still add some distressing to them...thinking about it.  I am so pleased with them and will probably make a few more. Only one will be staying with me. I added lavender seeds to them and it is a faint scent that comes through as I mixed it with the fiberfill. Love lavender but sometimes it can be over powering. I began to work on Amazing Grace late yesterday and hope to have something to show you soon. My plans today? Well, first a doctor appointment for Mr H and then I will  bake a banana cream pie. I do not think I can work on Elizabeth as I have a few dry spots on my hands and do not want to catch on the silk threads. Loads of lotion to be applied. Thank you for the kind words...they always brighten my day. Hope you have a wonderful day.....
sitting pretty.....

11 comments:

Annie said...

Hello Gracie
The strawberries have come out beautifully!
I hope Mr H's appt goes well.
Love that Hummingbird!
Happy stitching (:

Julie said...

Best wishes for Mr H at his appointment, hope all goes well.

Fabulous strawberries, they turned out so well.

butterfly said...


Love those strawberries , when I find some time I will have ago at making a few , but being so busy at the moment it may not be untill next year.
Hugs to you and Mr H .

Pam in IL said...

Your strawberries turned out great! Can you send me some pie too?

cucki said...

Wow I love your strawberries so much..they so cute..
Yummy I love pie so much..me a sweet tooth..
Sweet hugs x

cucki said...

Best wishes for mr H.appointment..hope all gives well.
Big hugs x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Catching up on several posts at once!

I love your Hummingbird piece, the little over 1 birds are gorgeous, so delicate.
Your dyed fabric is great too, especially the cherry piece, what a great idea.
I really like these little strawberries. I received one from Lee and just love it.
Someone else is stitching the china doll project but for the life of me I can't think who! She has a blog...
Finally, hope all the health problems resolve themselves soon.

Blu said...

They look so pretty!

Annette-California said...

Gracie your strawberries came out beautifully! I really like how you dipped in them linen, stems and cord:) Hope all goes well for Mr. H's appt.
love Annette

Heather S said...

Love your berries! Great work with the dyeing.

Mii Stitch said...

Berry-licious strawberries!!!