Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Stitching complete

I spent more time on the border than on the center of this... one or two threads off is a problem...
after an hour of counting and re-counting I found the problem and fixed it. Such a torture to be off by a thread or two. I love how my fabric looks stitched with all white. Now to find a frame for it. Hopefully that will not be a problem. This is one of my favorite hymns. It was written by John Newton in 1773 and is considered one of the" most famous of all folk hymns" (Author Gilbert Chase) and it is performed about 10 million times a year. When I hear it played on bagpipes, well, I cannot explain.....
I have completed another bloom for Elizabeth. A little each day. I think I will be looking for a few Christmas ornaments to make today. I found a couple of pincushions that I want must make.... love pincushions. So I am not lacking for something to do that's for sure. We have been having monsoon storms at night...thunder, lightening and even rain. Right now there is a breeze because I can hear the chimes gently making music. Remember the crazy note? well, it is tossed. I figure why drive myself crazy trying to decipher it. A new note is here on the desk----butter Safeway. Now that I do understand. I need to go to Safeway and get butter. Why can't they all be that simple! Okay, time for a cup of coffee and toast. hope you enjoyed your visit with me. Have a wonderful day.

8 comments:

Annie said...

Hello Gracie

Your stitching is just beautiful (:
It's much colder in NE England now and I think our summer is probably over.
Have a good day (:

Julie said...

Very lovely little finish. I always seem to one stitch out on a border no matter how hard I count!

Annette-California said...

Beautiful! I too like the white against the pretty grey linen. Love Annette

Blu said...

Very pretty! I love the white on grey combination.

Vickie said...

It turned out wonderful Gracie! And I feel the same way with the bagpipe version. ;)

Lee said...

Best of all is the bagpipes with a pipe organ playing it we started our 125 celebrations with that in the church recently and it is amazing.
well done with your stitching looks great

cucki said...

So pretty my dear *•*

Hazel D said...

Beautiful stitching - the white looks stunning on that fabric. Is there any stitcher who has never made a mistake?