Friday, August 22, 2014

Plans do change

The headache from Wednesday lasted all day...have not had one like that in some time. My thoughts on Thursday were to do nothing...well, that did not last too long. I hate being idle. I uncovered the sewing machine and grabbed some fabric and began an all day project..
first were the Cactus pincushions. The pattern is from Sewing Lab blog. I did make a few adjustments to suit me. They did turn out to be cute. Then more fabric found its way into my hands and a pattern from Jinny Beyer Studio blog, again with a few changes for me...
Starfish pincushions. I used 3 different types of patterned fabric to see how they would look. Then a dip into my button jars to find a topper and I like them. So I did use a needle but not for cross stitch. If I do not see a bag of fiberfill for awhile it will be okay with me. I thought I would never stop stuffing! It was to perfect day to sew...the air the temp yesterday was great. We actually had the air conditioner off for the first time since May and the all the sliders open. The sky was cloudy most of the day and a bit of drizzle did make it to the ground. Today may be a repeat. If so, I do plan to relax, maybe just read and maybe bake a cake for Mr H. Tomorrow is a work day after being off all week. This mini vacation are nice and it is best to enjoy them before the busy season arrives. Thank you all for the well wishes and kind words. You really know how to make my day wonderful. Gld you had some time to visit with me..... have a wonderful day.

9 comments:

Brigitte said...

I know what you mean, I sometimes sit down and want to do nothing but after a while I find myself with a needle or a book in hand, lol.
What you made lately is just so nice. I love the cacti, what a great idea. And those pincushions are sweet as well.

Vicki said...

Terrific finishes - the star pincushions are my favorite - so unique!

Hazel D said...

Lovely pincushions, so unusual as well as useful.

Good to hear that your headache finally cleared - just in time for you to go back to work!

Annie said...

Hello Gracie

I love the pincushions, they are all really pretty. I cannot sit idly either and I have to have something in my hands!

I hope your headache is better and glad you enjoyed your mini vacation.

We have blue sky and sunshine today! But as this weekend is a bank holiday over here there will be rain to come.
Bye!

Vickie said...

Oh Gracie how cute! Both styles are so different. Great job on them. :)

cucki said...

Wow they so cute..I love them so much
Sweet hugs x

Lelia said...

I enjoy seeing your projects. I was mending last night and most of today --- and sewing hammocks for our daughter's chinchillas [kinda boring]. Also go a couple pillows made for her little critters. They need to be made out of fleece [horrible stuff to sew] ...

Annette-California said...

First time I've seen Cactus pincushions - darling!!! And great starfishes too! I had 2 days where I didn't get to stitch and felt soo lost with out a needle in my hand.
love Annette

Julie said...

The star pincushions are adorable, great fabrics you chose or them.