Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Framed~~~~~

Yesterday was a nasty day here in The Valley..... monsoon rains and flash floods..... we are south of where the damage was. If you would like to see a video of the flood that encompassed the interstate north of us....http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/north-phoenix/video-muddy-flood-waters-creep-down-interstate-17-in-phoenix?autoplay=true...(turn down your speaker volume as it was taken from a helicopter)...amazing rescues were performed and road closures still in effect in some areas. The  sky was amazing....
 The clouds were heavy and dramatic. We had to go out in the afternoon and were lucky enough to miss any rains. I did stitch on Elizabeth getting another bloom and more vines done, and managed to frame Grace.....
I think I like it... still deciding so I have not made it permanent yet. (blogger is giving me a challenge with placement and text today! so excuse appearances) Mr H seems to like it this way. I will live with it for a few days to see how I feel about it. Not sure where  it will be put ... hung or not. It is a frame that can be table top or hung. One thing I do like about it is that the dye color on my fabric looks just as I wanted to look. Love messing about with Rit Dyes. I may skip cross stitch today and do a bit of sewing. Found a couple of pincushion patterns I would like to do. A little headache this morning too which does not make cross stitching fun. At the moment, our temps are low and I am able to have the slider open in the kitchen... listening to the pond fountain..... maybe I should just sit outside for awhile and read. The lounge chair on the lanai is beckoning me to do so.....wish you were here to join me. Thank you for spending time with me and for your kind words. Hope you have a wonderful day.

7 comments:

butterfly said...

Looks amazing gracie.
I love it . Hope you are feeling a little better now hugs

cucki said...

Wow it's so beautiful..
Looking amazing beautiful...
Sweet hugs x

Julie said...

Super frame,it looks so lovely.
Hope your headache eases as the day progresses.

Heather S said...

Love the framed stitchery. Hope your feeling better soon.

Annie said...

Hello gracie

I love the frame you chose for Grace it looks perfect!
What stunning photos too.
Hope you enjoy your fresh air and your headache passes soon.

KimM said...

Lovely stitching and finish. Hope you're bester soon.
hugs
xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Very dramatic skies. Amazing Grace looks... well, amazing really!