Wednesday, August 27, 2014

No witches flying today

I love the sky....I should say I love looking at the clouds and such. Monday night when Mr H and I took out the trash, the sky was full of clouds...and then the witch appeared...
she flew about overhead for a while then disappeared....do you see her?  Today the sky holds more mysterious clouds but no witches. Maybe a rain storm heading our way.....
I am back to my 4 day work schedule probably for the rest of the year. It will take all of this week to get used to working more than the one day I have had for a few months. I did notice that we had some Christmas stuff out...I think it is just too early to do this. "When I am Queen" I will change that! This is a phrase I use often at work.
Monday was The Brother Alan's birthday.... I missed his visiting us this Spring. His birthday always signaled the end of summer when I was a kid. Now it reminds me of our 11 year difference and that I am just getting older.
I worked on my Round Robin piece but of course I can not show you that. How about an update on Elizabeth...
I am at the middle of the bottom border blooms. This is such a relaxing piece to work on. My morning stitching....sometimes I only do a few stitches other time I get more done. It was very nice indeed to get to the middle and have the bloom match up perfectly. I will probably do a little more this morning before tackling the RR piece. As far as I know, my RR piece which I mailed out on July 24th still has not arrived in Ireland. Frustrating! Time for some coffee and toast..... glad that we had time to chat today. I hope to get to visit with you later..... thank you for the kind words and your friendship. Have a wonderful day.

10 comments:

Vickie said...

Yes, I saw the Christmas items on sale at JoAnn this week. I agree. Too early. ;)

Heather S said...

Love the witch! So glad you took out the trash when you did!

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

I do see the witch flying on her broom :)
I love to cloud watch!

shirley flavell said...

Yes I can see the witch, that is so amazing.Yes we are complaining about mail deliveries here in N.Z.also.Hope you don't get too tired working longer hours Grace.I do hope you get to see your brother in the not too distant future. Hugs Shirley N.Z.

Shelly said...

How neat is that, oh witch! You should see Hobby Lobby and their Christmas displays! Aisles and aisles of Christmas. It's a little too much. Progress on Eizabeth is looking good!

prettylittlethingsinabox said...

wow.. that cloud certainly look like a witch.. or am i being too imaginative here.. great shot!

butterfly said...

Yes I can see the witch, I use to love watching the clouds in Summer with the children trying to find pictures in the sky it is good fun.

Your stitching is looking lovely hugs .

Annie said...

Hello Gracie

What an amazing cloud, I can see the witch!
Your Elizabeth looks lovely, very pretty colours and it's always good when the borders match up (:
Hope your RR piece turns up soon.

Julie said...

Your witchy cloud is wonderful, I do love to cloud watch.
Super stitching!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That cloud witch is fantastic!

Elizabeth is looking good too.