Friday, August 29, 2014

One more day

Friday......one more work day...whew! I guess my unofficial vacation is over. Getting back into a 4 day work week after the last few months of only working one day has been tiring to say the least. It will also mean a little cut back on stitching time or does it? Actually, when my schedule is less work time, I tend to think I can do this later...then I get to doing this or that and not always back to what I planned. However, when I know that my time is "scheduled" then I will continue to make better progress at whatever I have to do. Make sense? Anyway, I have continued to stitch on Elizabeth in the early hours of each day. It will not be long now and the bloom row will be complete. I still need to figure out what Christmas ornaments to get started. One will be for my stitch group exchange and then the others for mailing out here and there. Speaking of the mail, I did hear from our RR moderator that my piece did arrive in Ireland. I know I took a picture of what I made but it seems to be filed someplace within the depths of this computer...it was mermaids and so cute! My next RR piece is coming along. From the kind comments I see that we all like to watch the clouds. I often think of the nun I had in first grade; she would take us outside and ask us to "look to the clouds, what do you see".....did I mention she carried a ruler around the class?! I noticed this morning that things in the sewing room seem to be , well the room is in disarray. Those pesky faeries have been at it again. Time to make the donuts organize. We don't even want to talk about my desk! Laundry #1 is on and my stomach is begging for food....so, thank you for chatting with me, thank you for the kind words and have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

Vickie said...

I think that is truly neat that the nun from first grade taught you all to look at the clouds. :)

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

I had a ruler carrying nun for a teacher in first grade too :) Sister Annelle...God rest her soul.
I bet 4 days a week working is hard to do after a break with only working 1 day....I know when I get days added to my schedule I am exhausted by the end of the week. Have a good day!

Shelly said...

Those same faeries must've hit the road and came here! Not a real long trip to make. I guess it's that time of year when it's 'all hands on deck' at Joanne's! Have a nice weekend.

Annette-California said...

Wow that's great you are almost done with the blooms row on Elizabeth!
Hope your back to work time goes smoothly! Making your ornament list sounds like fun:) love Annette

Julie said...

I know exactly what you mean about putting things off till later... here it often waits till tomorrow!!!

Annie said...

Hello Gracie

Looking forward to seeing more of Elizabeth (:
So glad to hear your RR piece arrived safely.