Saturday, October 26, 2013

You say TGIF I say...

TGIS....Thank Goodness It's Saturday! To say that I am happy this is the end of my work week, I kid you not! We have been super busy and not everyone shopping has been a happy camper. Great sales and coupons brought many to Jo Ann's this week. Must say that we also had lots of youngsters in during the day... not so usual. There was the little 4/5year old boiy who was prepared to kick me...but that is another story. Today I will tell you about my kit that arrived in yesterdays mail.
This is the Teneriffe Lace starter Kit from Gina B Silkworks in the UK. The cost was $14.99 but ended up costing me $30.48....I am glad to have it, but at the same time a little disappointed. Looking at the picture, you will see instructions and the pins to use with the "Reusable Polyester Template" that is  pinned to the sponge foundation with sequin size pins. I tried the motif #1.....admittedly, it is not perfect, but I was unsure of some of the directions when it came to the finish part. The patterns included are for 4 motifs, each a little bigger than the other. I now know that I can use the flower template that I have to get a motif like this one. I really want to make some that I have seen on the various web pages.... very pretty and petal like motifs. I may be able to duplicate the woven patterns. Oh I guess I just expected more. I will try the next motif....just not today. Did I mention that this past Wednesday I stitched with Sweet Jeanne? I will soon post a picture of her completed "first work". She is busy making an ornament for our group exchange....and she will be offering her sampler pattern to one of you! You would love her... she is a delightful lady and I am happy to share a morning each week with her. This Sunday our  Tatting ladies meet. I am still tatting my icicle...think I found the beads for it.... and got out my supplies for spider making....
Mr H is doing a nice job with the cabinet re-do. It is not the sanding/painting that is the time hog, it is the poly coating. It will be nice when it is finished and new hardware is put on. My room re-do is going to be after this...not that I am rushing him or anything...but I have mentioned it a few times. He is so patient with me. Did I mention to you that I tell him often that he is lucky to have me in his life? It usually is said this way..."this has been the best 43 years of your life". He usually gives me "the look"! Actually it is me who is so very lucky to have him!
Thank you for coming by today.....thank you for the kind words and emails...hope you have a great day.
I

7 comments:

Lelia said...

Teneriffe is interesting. I own a book or two & have not tried making any patterns. Maybe these on-line pdf files [books] will be helpful:

http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/books/sa1980.pdf

http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/books/archive_012.pdf

Lelia said...

Oh, forgot this link:

https://ia700806.us.archive.org/12/items/teneriffelacewor00thde/teneriffelacewor00thde.pdf

has pretty edgings & square stuff.

cucki said...

So beautiful xxx
Big hugs ❤️

Vickie said...

Great work Gracie. I hope your weekend is relaxing.

Annette-California said...

Wonderful kit you got from UK. You amaze me, you already tatted another beautiful piece. Hope you get to rest and enjoy the weekend.
love Annette

Julie said...

Never seen this kit before, better have a better look at what it is. Hope it works for you.

thegreytail said...

oh Gracie, it must be so cool to know how to tat! lucky you!
I'm sure you'll get the hang of those pattern in no time :)
sorry about the rude kid at work, it's so annoying when you come across rude customers!
hugs,chiara