Friday, October 25, 2013

Stitching, paint chips and spiders

I did find the info for the Twinkling Angel ornament...Just Cross Stitch Christmas issue from 2003. I know, 10 year old magazine? Yes...the designs are always lovely and I just love them all. Every year their issue is so full of great patterns and designers.
Mr H is busy this week updating our kitchen cabinet doors. So, I decided that I would like him to re-do the sewing/guest bedroom wall color. Paint swatches are tacked to the wall...now to make a decision.
Trying to see them in all the lights...daytime, night and in between. We have already eliminated several...so, it is down to ......
It will be 2 shades with a darker one for 1 wall and the remaining 3 in the lighter . I am leaning toward the plums or the taupe... I think. Mr H is so patient with me. Of course I dread taking down all the framed work, the shelves and this and that...... so is he.
Then there is my stitching. Yes, I stitch most everyday. Sometimes a little of tatting and cross stitch. I never run out of projects at the ready. Here is the beginning of the tatted icicle...
this is the base that will then have beads ..... doesn't look like much. With all the beads I have, of course I do not have any for this, so I will make a trip to the bead store after work on Saturday. It is not far from Jo Ann's which is very convenient. My goal is to have this done this weekend.
 Then there is my feather...
I am not fond of stitching with 3 strands of thread...but I do see that in this case it is necessary. See the dark brown area? there are 4 shades mixed in there! I know how I want it to finish, and I am hoping that it does....I love Southwest designs. This could be finished next week, or not...
Remember my spiders last year? Well, I do keep one specially for the Christmas tree, and then there are the ones that are with me all year....
There are now with the Faeries and pumpkins on the mantle crawling on the leaf dish. It was my pleasure last year to send some spiders and their story out for Christmas.... and I sent Reindeer food to blogger children too.  Interested? let me know.
That about covers me today.... the wash is ready for the dryer, I need breakfast and the newspaper...... work today..... I will be training a new gal for the cut counter..... and it looks to be another very busy day. Great sales/coupons this week. Have you visited your Jo Ann's this week? Glad to have you visit with me as always. Thank you for your kind words.  I appreciate the time you take to let me know so very much. Have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

Vickie said...

I really like the plums!! ;)

butterfly said...

Love those spiders, we have some very big ones in the garden right now.

Ele said...

wow! your tatting is fantastic

cucki said...

Aww sweet tatting..
Big hugs x

Mouse said...

love the top swatch :) as its the warmest and lightest and one of my favourite colours ...lol
cute seeing the tatting shuttles ... I am sure my mum used to have one of these ??
and love those beaded spiders :) love mouse xxxx

Julie said...

The tatted icicle looks amazing, you sure are a very talented lady.