Monday, October 21, 2013

A chill in the air

I love the early mornings lately...cool crisp air. The moon looked so huge this morning when I went out to get the paper.  I have been tatting this morning. The Debra was here yesterday and she gave me a new pattern...for a tatted beaded icicle ... you know how I love my beads.
We put the pumpkins out...all arranged and ...
even a few on the mantle with the Faeries.  Mr H had to move the bird seed sack and it took a few hours for the birds to return. I think the hanging pumpkin scared them! And it was daylight! Right now I have a hummingbird outside the kitchen chatting away .... love the sounds of all the birds chatter.
I guess I should tell you that the cake I baked yesterday is good...a little sweet for me though. As much as I love my chocolates and pastries, I do not really enjoy a sweet cake. Sent a nice sized piece home with The Debra yesterday. I am thinking a relaxing day today...that is after a stop at Fry's Market and CVS. I also want to go to World Market. So much for relaxing.
 Remember the little girl in the OZ picture post the other day...well, she called to tell me she is expecting a baby in May. So, of course I have already picked out an adorable pattern to crochet a blanket for The Baby...we do not know boy or girl yet. I do not usually do much crocheting, but this is so cute. So happy you stopped by to visit and chat. Thank you for the kind words. Hope your day is great.

4 comments:

Vickie said...

How fun to make a baby blanket!
Gracie, Gracie! I LOVE sweet cake. ;)

Julie said...

A lovely display in your pictures.

cucki said...

Aww sweet.i love it
Hugs x

Shirlee said...

Looking forward to seeing the baby blanket ... & the tatted beaded icicle as well : )